The Bjorn Baker-trained Winning Rupert has drawn perfectly in barrier 6 and will be aiming to keep his unbeaten record intact when he lines up in for Saturday’s Magic Millions 3YO Guineas (1400m).
Having shown good natural speed in leading all the way in his past few starts, the son of Written Tycoon should have no trouble controlling the speed as he jumps from the ideal gate.
There was no such luck for the Gai Waterhouse and Adrian Bott-prepared Global Glamour who has drawn barrier 20 and will need jockey Tim Clark to produce his very best ride to give her any chance.
In-form galloper Eckstein has come up with barrier 10 but will come in two closer if the second and third emergencies don’t get a run.
2017 Magic Millions 2YO Classic final field:
1. WINNING RUPERT Bjorn Baker - Jeff Lloyd (6) 58kg
2. GLOBAL GLAMOUR Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott - Tim Clark (20) 57kg
3. CRACK ME UP (NZ) Liam Birchley - Damian Browne (15) 56.5kg
4. NICCOLANCE - Scratched (21)
5. DAM READY David & B Hayes & T Dabernig - Mark Zahra (3) 56kg
6. ARBEITSAM Gai Waterhouse & Adrian Bott - Joshua Parr (8) 56kg
7. MR MARKOU Ben Currie – TBA (18) 56kg
8. FLYING JESS John Moloney - Tye Angland (5) 55kg
9. ECKSTEIN Kurt Goldman - Brenton Avdulla (10) 54.5kg
10. CANDIKA Steven O'dea - Paul Hammersley (13) 54kg
11. FARAWAY TOWN Matthew Smith - Kerrin McEvoy (19) 54kg
12. RIVER RACER Les Ross - Robbie Fradd (4) 54kg
13. RARE OCCURRENCE Stuart Kendrick – TBA (16) 54kg
14. TIYATROLANI Tony Gollan - Jim Byrne (2) 54kg
15. HEART SKIPT A BEAT Liam Birchley - Glen Colless (17) 54kg
16. MISS WONDERLAND Ciaron Maher - Craig Williams (9) 54kg
17e. PIPELINE Gerald Ryan - Damian Lane (12) 56kg
18e. BILLY THE KID John & Chris Meagher - Luke Dittman (1) 56kg
19e. ALTER CALL Mick Price - Dwayne Dunn (7) 54kg
20e. VOLPINO Les Kelly – TBA (11) 56kg
21e. SPENDING TO WIN Peter & Paul Snowden – TBA (14) 56kg
*State exclusions apply to some offers. NSW Residents are excluded from welcome bonuses. Please read the T&Cs of each offer with each bookmaker.