The Crows battle it out against the undefeated Demons at Adelaide Oval, with the Demons having their best start to a season since 1964.
Adelaide vs Melbourne Tips, Preview & Predictions
Adelaide Crows vs Melbourne Demons free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The last time Melbourne started 9-0 was in 1964.
Adelaide vs Melbourne Tips
Adelaide vs Melbourne Same Game Multi Tips
Adelaide vs Melbourne Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 22
⏰ Time: 4:35pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Adelaide vs Melbourne 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
- RD 7: Adelaide 39-106 GWS
- RD 8: Port Adelaide 87-38 Adelaide
- RD 9: West Coast 106-76 Adelaide
- RD 5: Hawthorn 54-104 Melbourne
- RD 6: Melbourne 82-48 Richmond
- RD 7: North Melbourne 73-103 Melbourne
- RD 8: Melbourne 67-58 Sydney
- RD 9: Melbourne 94-68 Carlton
Adelaide vs Melbourne Head to Head (last five matches)
- R10 2020: Crows 37-88 Demons
- R11 2019: Demons 88-90 Crows
- R19 2018: Crows 77-90 Demons
- R10 2018: Demons 146-55 Crows
- R17 2017: Demons 70-116 Crows
Adelaide vs Melbourne Preview
The Crows fell to their fifth consecutive defeat in their 30-point loss to the Eagles.
Adelaide despite their strong star to the season beating the Cats in Round 1, they have fallen to Fremantle (12 points), Hawthorn (three points), GWS (67 points), Port Adelaide (49 points) and West Coast (30 points).
Despite leading the inside 50’s against the Eagles away from home, they struggled to create anything meaningful without Tex Walker, going at 41% inside 50 juxtaposed to the Eagles 56%.
The Crows have had trouble scoring so far this season, only scoring over 100 points twice this season. They’ve also scored less than 40 points twice in the last three weeks, and with Melbourne being one of the best defensive teams this season, you could see another low score.
Meanwhile, the Demons continued their undefeated start to the season with a 26-point triumph over the Blues.
Melbourne cruised past Carlton last time out, never coming under any real threat in what was a workman-like performance. The win meant they started the season 9-0, for the first time since 1964.
History is on the Demons side when starting the season 9-0, in all five times they’ve achieved this feat, they’ve gone on to win the premiership – can they do it again?
Simon Goodwin will look to isolate Tom McDonald, Ben Brown and Sam Weideman against a slightly shorter Adelaide defence. McDonald was influential in the domination either side of quarter time last time out, he eventually kicked three in wet conditions.
Although the Crows hold the home advantage, I can’t see them winning this one against the most in-form side in the competition.
Crows vs Demons Team News
The Crows will see at least two changes with Taylor Walker returning after his rest last week, and Ned McHenry returning from concussion protocols.
The Demons will most likely make minimal changes considering their impressive start to the season.
The two sides last met in Round 10 last season which saw the Demons win by 51 points.
Crows vs Demons Stats
- The last time Melbourne started 9-0 was in 1964
- Melbourne have won their last 11 matches
- Five of Melbourne’s last six matches have gone UNDER the total points line
- Adelaide has lost five matches on the trot
Crows vs Demons Best Bet