The Blues have to win this match against the Crows who have won their last two matches to have any chance of making finals.
Carlton Blues vs Adelaide Crows free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Eight Carlton matches this season have been decided by less than 10 points.
Carlton vs Adelaide Tips
Carlton vs Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday September 13
⏰ Time: 1:05pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Carlton vs Adelaide 2020 Form
- R12: Fremantle 36-40 Carlton
- R13: Gold Coast 27-60 Carlton
- R14: Carlton 48-72 Collingwood
- R15: GWS 48-39 Carlton
- R16: Carlton 57-52 Sydney
- R12: Western Bulldogs 111-54 Adelaide
- R13: Adelaide 37-65 Geelong
- R14: BYE
- R15: Hawthorn 48-83 Adelaide
- R16: Adelaide 59-47 GWS
Carlton vs Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
Adelaide have won four of the last five matches against the Blues.
- R19 2019: Carlton 87-60 Adelaide
- R23 2018: Carlton 61-165 Adelaide
- R7 2018: Adelaide 125-70 Carlton
- R15 2017: Carlton 77-89 Adelaide
- R16 2016: Carlton 47-107 Adelaide
Carlton vs Adelaide Preview and Prediction
Carlton came from behind to defeat the impressive Swans. Whilst, Adelaide got their second win of the season, downing the Giants by two goals.
The Blues were 39 points down at one stage during the second quarter when Sydney kicked the first seven goals of the match.
From there the Blues kicked into gear, hammering Sydney with forward 50 entries, as well as 13 tackles inside 50.
Carlton will look to target the Crouch brothers in the middle of the ground, as well as Tyson Stengle who has created so much for the Crows, particularly in the last two weeks.
Sam Walsh shined for the Blues, finishing the match with 25 disposals, ten score involvements, nine marks and a goal.
Meanwhile, Adelaide was hungrier than the Giants in their second win on the trot.
A key to Adelaide’s last two performances has been their ability to start the game on the upper foot, they dominated the Giants in the opening term, particularly in the midfield.
The Crows were able to restrict GWS’s ball movement and in turn restrict the Giants to a mere 26 inside 50’s for the match, something they will attempt to repeat against Carlton.
Matt Crouch was the best for Crows, finishing the match with 27 disposals, 12 tackles, three clearances and a goal.
Although Adelaide has won their two previous matches, I believe the Blues will end that run on Sunday.
Carlton vs Adelaide Team News
The Blues will be touch and go with Jack Martin, however, you can expect the Blues to make minimal changes.
Matthew Nicks has confirmed that Tom Lynch, Jordan Butts and Bryce Gibbs will feature against the Blues. David Mackay and Daniel Talia are definite outs.
The two sides last met last season which saw Carlton defeat Adelaide by 27 points.
Blues vs Crows Stats
- The away side has won five of the past six H2H’s
- Eight Carlton matches this season have been decided by less than 10 points
- One player has kicked at least four goals in eight of the last ten H2H’s
- The last time Carlton played finals was in 2013
Blues vs Crows Best Bet