The Blues will look to push themselves back into the eight this week with a win, whilst, the Hawks are searching for their first victory in July.
Carlton Blues vs Hawthorn Hawks free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Carlton have beaten Hawthorn once since 2005.
Carlton vs Hawthorn Tips
Carlton vs Hawthorn Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday July 31
⏰ Time: 5:40pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
Carlton vs Hawthorn 2020 Form
- R4: Essendon 51-52 Carlton
- R5: Carlton 55-73 St Kilda
- R6: Carlton 103-51 Western Bulldogs
- R7: Carlton 61-64 Port Adelaide
- R8: North Melbourne 67-64 Carlton
- R4: Hawthorn 58-54 North Melbourne
- R5: GWS 83-49 Hawthorn
- R6: Collingwood 59-27 Hawthorn
- R7: Hawthorn 48-91 Melbourne
- R8: Sydney 60-53 Hawthorn
Carlton vs Hawthorn Head to Head (last five matches)
Hawthorn have won four of the last five games against the Blues.
- R6 2019: Hawthorn 93-88 Carlton
- R18 2018: Carlton 52-124 Hawthorn
- R22 2017: Carlton 77-70 Hawthorn
- R19 2016: Hawthorn 74-55 Carlton
- R23 2015: Hawthorn 113-56 Carlton
Carlton vs Hawthorn Preview and Prediction
Carlton came away with an unconvincing triumph against the 17th place Kangaroos last week.
Although the Blues were in front for the majority of the match, they were hit with a scare after North Melbourne salvaged their way back into the game, but the Blues with last week’s loss fresh in their minds held on for a much needed four points.
A promising sign for the Blues was their domination in the inside 50 count, however, they were inefficient only going at 35.2%, something David Teague will look to strengthen in this week.
Matthew Kennedy stepped up for the Blues last week finishing the match with 20 disposals, six score involvements and two goals.
Whilst, Hawthorn lost their fourth game in a row against the struggling Swans by seven points.
The Hawks couldn’t keep up with the Swans run in the second half despite dominating the contested ball.
Expect the Hawks to bring an extremely physical game plan against the Blues on Friday.
Jaeger O’Meara was the best for the Hawks finishing the match with 25 disposals, nine clearances, eight inside 50’s and a goal.
Hawthorn head into this game with four losses on the trot and I believe they will suffer another defeat on Friday against the confident Blues.
Carlton vs Hawthorn Team News
The Blues will most likely make two changes with Harry McKay and Zac Fisher coming into the team for the injured Jeremy McGovern and possibly young forward Callum Moore.
Hawthorn will be looking to make a lot of changes after their loss to the Swans with Jarman Impey ,Luke Breust and tall Jon Ceglar being most likely to return from injuries.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Hawks come away with a 5-point victory.
Blues vs Hawks Stats
- Luke Bruest has kicked 11 goals in his last five games against Carlton
- The home team has won four of the last five
- Five of Carlton’s matches this season have been decided by 7 points or less
- Carlton have beaten Hawthorn once since 2005
- Carlton are ranked fifth in the competition for scoring
Blues vs Hawks Best Bet