The Blues are looking for three wins on the trot on Saturday night when they face premiership contenders Port Adelaide who are fresh off beating the reigning premiers.
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
Carlton Blues vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Port Adelaide have won the last four meetings.
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Tips
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday April 17
⏰ Time: 7:25pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: MCG
Carlton vs Port Adelaide 2020 Form
- RD 1: Richmond 105-80 Carlton
- RD 2: Carlton 85-106 Collingwood
- RD 3: Carlton 109-64 Fremantle
- RD 4: Gold Coast 59-70 Carlton
- RD 1: North Melbourne 65-117 Port Adelaide
- RD 2: Port Adelaide 119-65 Essendon
- RD 3: West Coast 108-71 Port Adelaide
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
- R7 2020: Blues 61-64 Power
- R2 2019: Power 88-72 Blues
- R15 2018: Blues 69-90 Power
- R5 2017: Power 137-47 Blues
- R8 2016: Blues 93-91 Power
Carlton vs Port Adelaide Preview
The Blues won their second match in a row against the Suns by 11 points last time out.
Carlton has been superb going forward in the last two weeks, being one of the best sides this season with their efficiency inside 50. If it wasn’t for their missed chances, they could’ve comfortably won against the Suns. Against a solid Power defence, Harry McKay will need to provide a presence in the ariel duels.
Carlton lost after the siren in the clash between these two-side last season due to a goal from Robbie Gray. A similar close encounter is on the cards again at Marvel Stadium on Saturday night.
Meanwhile, the Power defeated the reigning premiers in a heart-stopping two-point triumph.
Port Adelaide was almost made to rue for miss chances, kicking 3.7 in the second term, which could’ve put them in a comfortable position to see out the game.
Ken Hinkley’s side has looked to improve upon their forward line dynamic this season with the introduction of Orazio Fantasia, who has kicked nine goals so far this season, the most of any Power player.
Their victory over the Tigers has shown that they’ve come a long way since their breakout season last year, with their win moving them into the top four with a healthy percentage.
Although the Blues hold the home ground advantage, I believe the Power has what it takes to come out on top in this clash.
Blues vs Power Team News
The Blues will most likely make two changes with Mitch McGovern and Zac Williams returning to the side. Jack Silvagni will miss with another shoulder injury and Paddy Dow will be a likely omission.
The Power will be forced to make two changes with injuries to young stars Zak Butters and Xavier Duursma.
The two sides last met in Round 12 last season which saw the Swans win by 41 points.
Blues vs Power Stats
- Five of Carlton’s last six matches have gone OVER the total points line
- Carlton has covered the line in five of their last six matches against the Power
- Port Adelaide have won their last three matches against the Blues by a margin of 1-39
- Port Adelaide have won the last four meetings
Blues vs Power Best Bet