The updated fixture sees the Magpies host the Lions at Marvel Stadium to kick-off an action-packed round of Easter footy.
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions Tips, Preview & Predictions
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Of the previous 40 teams to start the season 0-2, only five have made the finals.
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions Tips
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions Same Game Multi Tips
VALUE BET 💰
- To get 20+ disposals Dayne Zorko $1.36
- To get 25+ disposals Taylor Adams $1.40
- To get 25+ disposals Lachie Neale $1.20
- To get 25+ disposals Scott Pendlebury $1.40
- To score 3+ goals Brody Mihocek $2.10
- Anytime goalscorer Charlie Cameron $1.12
- Anytime goalscorer Mason Cox $1.22
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Thursday April 1
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Marvel Stadium
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions 2020 Form
- RD 1: Collingwood 53-69 Western Bulldogs
- RD 2: Carlton 85-106 Collingwood
- RD 1: Brisbane 94-125 Sydney
- RD 2: Geelong 81-80 Brisbane
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions Head to Head (last five matches)
Collingwood has won six of the last seven meetings.
- R15 2020: Lions 42-34 Magpies
- R5 2019: Lions 61-123 Magpies
- R21 2018: Magpies 104-73 Lions
- R7 2018: Lions 114-121 Magpies
- R10 2017: Magpies 129-84 Lions
Collingwood Magpies vs Brisbane Lions Preview
Collingwood got their first win of the season against traditional rivals Carlton last Thursday.
The Magpies looked slick in their win, particularly their delivery inside 50. All of their first-quarter goals were created by making space and creating leading lanes for the lethal forwards.
They will be hoping to maintain their strong defensive performance against the Blues, keeping them to 36.7% efficiency in attack. Jack Crisp starred in defence with 36 disposals and eight intercepts.
Meanwhile, the Lions fell just shy against Geelong in a heartbreaking defeat by one-point.
Brisbane will be feeling hard done by in their narrow loss. A positive sign was being able to lead the inside 50 counts, despite being dominated in the clearances.
Lachie Neale will be desperate to have his first good game of the season after copping a heavy tag by Irishman Mark O’Connor last week.
It’s not the ideal start of the season that the Lions were after, with two losses and a week of lockdown. History doesn’t bode well with them, with only five of the previous 40 teams to start the season 0-2 making finals.
This will be a tight contest in my opinion, with the winner hard to predict. However, I believe the Brisbane lockdown will be a big toll for the Lions, which could see the Magpies come out on top.
Magpies vs Lions Team News
The Magpies will have to make at least one change with Jamie Elliott suffering another long-term injury, Chris Mayne could return into the frame.
Oscar McInerney is a doubt for Thursday’s clash and will most likely be excluded from the side.
The two sides last met in Round 15 last season which saw the Lions win a tight contest by 8 points.
Magpies vs Lions Stats
- Of the previous 40 teams to start the season 0-2, only five have made the finals
- Six of Brisbane’s last seven matches have gone OVER the total points margin
- Lachie Neale has had 30+ disposals in four of his last five matches at Marvel
- Brody Mihocek has kicked 2+ goals in his last five matches
Magpies vs Lions Best Bet