The Swans and Lions conclude an action-packed weekend of footy on Sunday night.
Collingwood Magpies vs Gold Coast Suns free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Gold Coast last won a Round 17 match in 2013, it was against Collingwood.
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Tips
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Monday September 14
⏰ Time: 7:10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
Collingwood vs Gold Coast 2020 Form
- R12: Melbourne 100-44 Collingwood
- R13: Collingwood 65-35 North Melbourne
- R14: Carlton 48-72 Collingwood
- R15: Brisbane 42-34 Collingwood
- R16: BYE
Gold Coast (LLWL)
- R12: Richmond 53-32 Gold Coast
- R13: Gold Coast 27-60 Carlton
- R14: Gold Coast 91-28 North Melbourne
- R15: BYE
- R16: Brisbane 88-43 Gold Coast
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
Collingwood have won the last five matches against the Suns.
- R20 2019: Collingwood 120-51 Gold Coast
- R15 2018: Gold Coast 60-99 Collingwood
- R17 2017: Gold Coast 88-103 Collingwood
- R22 2016: Collingwood 118-47 Gold Coast
- R8 2015: Gold Coast 63-132 Collingwood
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Preview and Prediction
Collingwood enjoyed a bye last week after losing narrowly to the Lions in Round 15. Whilst, Gold Coast were tamed against a hungry Lions outfit last time out.
The Magpies have a lot to play for this week, with a win against the Suns on Monday, they will secure a finals position in an underperforming 2020 season.
Collingwood has had their fair share of torment this season, having a large injury list and multiple off-field troubles, however, their resilience towards the back end of the season has been promising as they head into the 2020 finals.
The Suns will have to be wary of Jack Crisp off half-back, who has been superb all season in taking intercept marks and starting electric forward chains through his accurate disposal efficiency.
Meanwhile, Gold Coast lost the Q-clash by 45-points against premiership contenders Brisbane.
The Suns struggled to contain the x-factor of the Lions forward line and will look to improve their defensive structure against the Magpies after allowing the Lions to take nine more marks inside 50.
Gold Coast have recruited well in the off-season and with young starlet Matthew Rowell returning next season, Gold Coast are revamping their brand and are on the way up.
Hugh Greenwood was the best for the Suns, finishing the match with 25 disposals, six intercepts, five clearances and four tackles.
Collingwood will look to make a statement against the Suns, and I believe they’ll get the four points on Monday.
Collingwood vs Gold Coast Team News
Collingwood have made three big changes with Jordan De Goey, Adam Treloar and Travis Varcoe coming into the side for Max Lynch, Tom Phillips and Jaidyn Stephenson.
Gold Coast have also made three changes with Ben Ainsworth, Connor Budarick and Sam Flanders going out of the side for Jarrod Harbrow, Nick Holman and Sean Lemmens.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Magpies demolish Gold Coast by 69 points.
Magpies vs Suns Stats
- The last three Gold Coast matches have ended in under points score
- Gold Coast last won a Round 17 match in 2013, it was against Collingwood
- Collingwood are ranked 14th in the competition for points scored
- Collingwood have won every game against teams outside the eight in the last 2 months
Magpies vs Suns Best Bet