Collingwood face Hawthorn on a riveting Friday night as both teams look to get back into the eight.
Collingwood Magpies vs Hawthorn Hawks free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Hawks have never won at GIANTS Stadium
Collingwood vs Hawthorn Tips
Collingwood vs Hawthorn Match Details
?? Competition: AFL
? Date: Friday July 10
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEST
? Stadium: GIANTS Stadium
Collingwood vs Hawthorn 2020 Form
- R1: Western Bulldogs 34-86 Collingwood
- R2: Collingwood 36-36 Richmond
- R3: Collingwood 81-37 St Kilda
- R4: GWS 66-64 Collingwood
- R5: Collingwood 48-63 Essendon
- R1: Hawthorn 90-62 Brisbane
- R2: Geelong 108-47 Hawthorn
- R3: Richmond 39-71 Hawthorn
- R4: Hawthorn 58-54 North Melbourne
- R5: GWS 83-49 Hawthorn
Collingwood vs Hawthorn Head to Head (last five matches)
Hawthorn have won four of the last five games against the Magpies.
- R16 2019: Hawthorn 67-63 Collingwood
- R1 2018: Hawthorn 101-67 Collingwood
- R15 2017: Hawthorn 118-94 Collingwood
- R9 2017: Collingwood 90-72 Hawthorn
- R23 2016: Hawthorn 112-111 Collingwood
Collingwood vs Hawthorn Preview and Prediction
Collingwood has fallen out of the eight after their back-to-back losses against the Giants and the Bombers whilst Hawthorn suffered a heavy defeat at the hands of the giants.
The Magpies were poor in their loss to Essendon last week, failing to kick a goal for two quarters.
Collingwood was dominated in the midfield and was inefficient inside 50, going at 34.1%. A positive sign, however, was the impressive performance of Adam Treloar in his first game back from injury.
Defender, Brayden Maynard was terrific in his side’s loss to Essendon last week, finishing the match with nine intercepts and 24 disposals.
Meanwhile, the Hawks suffered a 34-point defeat at the hands of the Giants.
Hawthorn will look to fix up its defence this week after allowing GWS to go at an alarming 65.4% inside 50.
Jack Gunston impressed for the Hawks finishing the match with three goals.
Although Hawthorn has gotten the better over Collingwood in recent times, I believe Collingwood will get the win to stop their losing streak.
Collingwood vs Hawthorn Team News
Collingwood could see the inclusions of Brayden Sier and Darcy Cameron after their strong scratch match performances against Essendon last week.
The Hawks will be missing Jack Scrimshaw and Mitch Lewis due to their injuries against the Giants. Jon Patton will be a certain inclusion whilst Harry Morrison may also be included this week.
These sides last met in Round 16 last season which saw the Hawks win a close one by four points.
Magpies vs Hawks Stats
- The home team has won the last five H2H’s
- No Collingwood player has kicked more than three goals against the Hawks since 2014
- The Hawks have never won at GIANTS Stadium
- Collingwood haven’t lost three in a row since 2017
- Hawthorn has won 12 of the last 13 against the Magpies
Magpies vs Hawks Best Bet