Both teams will aim to enter the first week of finals on the back of a positive result as they conclude the home and away season for 2020.
Collingwood Magpies vs Port Adelaide Power free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Collingwood have won two games as the underdog in the last 12 months.
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Tips
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Monday September 21
⏰ Time: 7:15pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide 2020 Form
- R13: Collingwood 65-35 North Melbourne
- R14: Carlton 48-72 Collingwood
- R15: Brisbane 42-34 Collingwood
- R16: BYE
- R17: Collingwood 68-46 Gold Coast
Port Adelaide (WWWW)
- R13: Port Adelaide 68-58 Hawthorn
- R14: Port Adelaide 73-47 Sydney
- R15: BYE
- R16: North Melbourne 42-78 Port Adelaide
- R17: Port Adelaide 79-29 Essendon
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
Port Adelaide have won three of the last five matches against the Magpies.
- R7 2019: Collingwood 108-69 Port Adelaide
- R22 2018: Collingwood 115-64 Port Adelaide
- R21 2017: Port Adelaide 98-71 Collingwood
- R14 2017: Collingwood 62-93 Port Adelaide
- R11 2016: Collingwood 58-125 Port Adelaide
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Preview and Prediction
Collingwood got a much-needed victory against a young Gold Coast outfit. Whilst, the Power ran over the top of the hapless Bombers by 50 points.
Jordan De Goey provided the spark on his return to carry the Magpies over the line in a workmanlike performance, led by pressure and x-factor.
With the news of Steele Sidebottom being sidelined from the 2020 final’s series, Collingwood will have to stand up in the midfield department against an in-form Port Adelaide arsenal, after managing to lose the clearance numbers to the Suns.
The Power will have to keep a close eye on Jack Crisp who is in very good form, he finished the match against the Suns with 23 disposals, five intercepts, score involvements and a goal.
After a shaky first quarter, Port Adelaide turned on the gas to be efficient by foot in wet conditions. Port Adelaide’s ability to adapt to the condition changes was superb, which is a good sign heading into an optimistic final’s series.
During the upcoming final’s series, the Power will need Charlie Dixon creating a big presence in the forward line if they are any chance of winning their second premiership, with Collingwood being a good final’s like match simulation.
Tom Rockliff was the best for the Power last time out, finishing the match with 31 disposals, seven score involvements, six tackles and a goal.
Although the Power doesn’t have the advantage of playing at home this round, I still believe they’ll get the victory in this one.
Collingwood vs Port Adelaide Team News
The Magpies won’t have to make many changes against the Power, but with Jaidyn Stephenson and Darcy Cameron putting in promising reserves performances, they could receive a call up.
Port Adelaide will have to make at least one change with Tom Clurey out with a hamstring injury with Justin Westhoff, Jarrod Lienert, Jack Watts and Joel Garner all possible inclusions.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Collingwood defeat the Power by 39 points.
Magpies vs Power Stats
- Collingwood have won two games as the underdog in the last 12 months
- The Power must win this match to finish on top of the table
- Port Adelaide are the second-best scoring team this season
- Collingwood is the best defensive team in the league
Magpies vs Power Best Bet