Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Bombers free AFL Round 21 betting tips, predictions and preview
Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Bombers free AFL Round 21 betting tips, predictions and preview will be available when team lineups are announced.
Below is our previous head to head preview and predictions.
Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Tips
Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Same Game Multi Tips
Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Match Details
?? Competition: AFL
? Date: Friday July 17
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEST
? Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Essendon vs Western Bulldogs 2020 Form
- R2: Sydney 73-79 Essendon
- R3: N/A
- R4: Essendon 51-52 Carlton
- R5: Collingwood 48-63 Essendon
- R6: Essendon 67-53 North Melbourne
Western Bulldogs (LWWWL)
- R2: St Kilda 88-49 Western Bulldogs
- R3: Western Bulldogs 57-33 GWS
- R4: Sydney 39-67 Western Bulldogs
- R5: Western Bulldogs 87-38 North Melbourne
- R6: Carlton 103-51 Western Bulldogs
Essendon vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
The Western Bulldogs have won the last five games against the Bombers.
- R21 2019: Essendon 33-137 Western Bulldogs
- R3 2018: Western Bulldogs 104-83 Essendon
- R19 2017: Western Bulldogs 127-97 Essendon
- R22 2016: Essendon 53-93 Western Bulldogs
- R18 2015: Essendon 40-127 Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Preview and Prediction
Essendon continued its quest for the top four with a fiery triumph over North Melbourne.
Although the Bombers only won by 14 points it could’ve been more, missing clear cut chances, but took them when it counted.
Despite the loss of Jake Stringer, the Bombers were extremely efficient inside forward 50 going at 65.1%, 19.6% above their season average.
The loss of Dylan Shiel to suspension will hit Essendon hard on Friday night when they face one of the most damaging midfields in the competition.
David Zaharakis stepped up against the Kangaroos after poor performances in recent weeks finishing the match with 20 disposals, eight score involvements and three goals.
Meanwhile, the Western Bulldogs were embarrassed by a high-flying Carlton side.
The Dogs inefficiency inside 50 was costly, only scoring from 30.2% of their forward 50 entries.
The Dogs will look to repeat their victory over the Bombers this year with their pressure and impressive disposal by foot which the club has built a success on.
It was nice to see a cult figure of the Bulldogs, Tom Liberatore perform well against the Blues, finishing the match with 22 disposals and eight clearances.
Western Bulldogs will look to bounce back after their abysmal performance against the Blues, and I believe they’ll beat the Bombers on Friday night.
Western Bulldogs vs Essendon Team News
Essendon will see the inclusion of debutant Ned Cahill who has performed well in the scratch matches recently.
Like the Bombers, the Dogs will also name a debutant to play on Friday night with Cody Weightman coming into the side.
These sides last met in Round 21 last season which saw the Bulldogs completely dominate the Bombers by 104 points.
Bombers vs Dogs Stats
- At least one player has obtained 30+ disposals in the last 10 H2H’s
- Essendon haven’t scored over 100 points against the Bulldogs in the last seven H2H’S
- The Bulldogs lowest score against the Bombers since 2014 is 93
- The Western Bulldogs have won the last five games against the Bombers
- If Essendon win on Friday it will be their best start to a season since 2000 when they went on to win 20 games in a row and the premiership