Geelong and Collingwood battle it out at the Gabba on Saturday night, with the winner progressing to the preliminary final.
Geelong Cats vs Collingwood Magpies free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Both sides are 12-12 when playing against each other in finals.
Geelong vs Collingwood Tips
Geelong vs Collingwood Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday October 10
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
Geelong vs Collingwood 2020 Form
- R15: BYE
- R16: Geelong 108-42 Essendon
- R17: Geelong 31-57 Richmond
- R18: Sydney 63-69 Geelong
- QF: Port Adelaide 58-42 Geelong
- R15: Brisbane 42-34 Collingwood
- R16: BYE
- R17: Collingwood 68-46 Gold Coast
- R18: Collingwood 45-61 Port Adelaide
- EF: West Coast 75-76 Collingwood
Geelong vs Collingwood Head to Head (last five matches)
Geelong have won three of the last five matches against the Magpies.
- R7 2020: Geelong 35-57 Collingwood
- QF 2019: Geelong 51-61 Collingwood
- R1 2019: Collingwood 65-72 Geelong
- R8 2018: Collingwood 45-66 Geelong
- R22 2017: Collingwood 59-70 Geelong
Geelong vs Collingwood Preview and Prediction
The Cats were disappointing in their 16-point loss to the Power. Whilst, Collingwood came away with a historic narrow triumph.
Geelong lacked the finishing touch throughout stages of the match, as they were made to rue missed opportunities against a riled-up Power outfit.
Mitch Duncan attempted to lead the line the best he could against the Power, he finished the match with 19 disposals, six tackles and five score involvements.
The Cats hold a huge advantage in the midfield, with the Magpies being without Steele Sidebottom for the finals campaign. Taking that into consideration, you can expect the game to have a lot of stoppages encouraged by the Cats.
Meanwhile, the Magpies defeated the Eagles in one of their best-ever finals triumphs, making the most of their dominance and having an answer for every Eagle threat.
Taylor Adams was the best for the Magpies, finishing the match with 25 disposals, eight tackles, seven score involvements and a goal.
Jordan De Goey was central to things against in their victory against the Cats earlier in the season, and the Magpies will be looking for the out-of-contract star to provide the x-factor again to break the game open.
Although Collingwood was impressive last week, I believe Geelong will win this one in a very tight contest.
Geelong vs Collingwood Team News
Geelong will be without Jack Steven after suffering a hamstring injury. Joel Selwood will be a test after having finger surgery late last week.
Collingwood will have no forced changes, but Travis Varcoe and Callum Brown are chances to play.
The two sides last met in Round 7 which saw Collingwood defeat the Cats by 22 points.
Cats vs Magpies Stats
- The Cats haven’t lost at the Gabba this season
- Geelong are ranked first for points scored this season
- Both sides are 12-12 when playing against each other in finals
- Brodie Mihocek has kicked nine goals in his last five matches
Cats vs Magpies Best Bet