Both sides lost by four points in their Round 10 ties, and with finals fast approaching, it’s a must win match to conclude Round 11 action.
Gold Coast Suns vs Essendon Bombers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Suns have won every game when they’ve led at quarter time this season.
Gold Coast vs Essendon Tips
Gold Coast vs Essendon Match Details
?? Competition: AFL
? Date: Wednesday August 12
⏰ Time: 7:10pm AEST
? Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Gold Coast vs Essendon 2020 Form
Gold Coast (LWLLL)
- R6: Melbourne 80-63 Gold Coast
- R7: Sydney 60-92 Gold Coast
- R8: Gold Coast 46-51 Western Bulldogs
- R9: Gold Coast 35-61 GWS
- R10: Gold Coast 74-78 St Kilda
- R6: Essendon 67-53 North Melbourne
- R7: Essendon 51-93 Western Bulldogs
- R8: Adelaide 59-62 Essendon
- R9: Essendon 28-91 Brisbane
- R10: Essendon 55-59 GWS
Gold Coast vs Essendon Head to Head (last five matches)
Essendon have won eight of the 10 meetings against the Suns.
- R19 2019: Gold Coast 96-106 Essendon
- R17 2018: Gold Coast 51-95 Essendon
- R22 2017: Gold Coast 57-90 Essendon
- R21 2016: Essendon 75-69 Gold Coast
- R1 2016: Gold Coast 121-60 Essendon
Gold Coast vs Essendon Preview and Prediction
Gold Coast fought bravely against the Saints, eventually coming away with a four-point defeat.
The Suns were host to one of the best games of the season, as they showcased their free-flowing, attacking brand of football, symbolised by the x-factor of young star Izak Rankine.
It’s a different Gold Coast outfit from previous seasons, but their ability to get themselves back into the game through grit and determination is admirable.
Touk Miller has continued his fantastic form this season finishing the match against St Kilda with 18 disposals, seven tackles, five clearances and two goals.
Essendon suffered a heartbreaking defeat, blowing a comfortable lead in wet conditions.
The Bombers looked an improved side from previous weeks, leading by 29 points at one stage of the match.
Disappointingly they blew that five-goal lead, the difference was a result of forward 50 pressure, GWS laid 18 more tackles inside 50 than Essendon, something that will need to be improved on Wednesday night.
Zach Merrett collected plenty of the ball, finishing the match with 33 disposals, five intercepts and five score involvements.
Both sides are fresh off two narrow defeats, and I believe Essendon will come away with a narrow victory.
Gold Coast vs Essendon Team News
Gold Coast could see multiple inclusions, with Pearce Hanley and Darcy Macpherson and Will Brodie all a chance to return to the side.
Essendon will be without Jacob Townsend and young star Jordan Ridley after suffering injuries against the Giants last week.
The two sides last met last season which saw Essendon defeat the Suns by 10 points.
Suns vs Bombers Stats
- The away team has won the past three H2H’s
- The Suns have won every game when they’ve led at quarter time this season
- Essendon have won eight of the 10 meetings against the Suns
- If Gold Coast lose, it will be their fourth straight loss
- Gold Coast are ranked third in the competition for inside 50’s this season
Suns vs Bombers Best Bet