Both the Suns and the Giants will be looking to achieve an important four points, that could possibly see them move into the top eight.
Gold Coast Suns vs GWS Giants free AFL tips, predictions and preview – A match between the Suns and Giants has never ended in the total points being under 160.
Gold Coast vs GWS Tips
Gold Coast vs GWS Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday August 2
⏰ Time: 3:35pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Gold Coast vs GWS 2020 Form
Gold Coast (WLLWL)
- R4: Gold Coast 64-51 Fremantle
- R5: Geelong 89-52 Gold Coast
- R6: Melbourne 80-63 Gold Coast
- R7: Sydney 60-92 Gold Coast
- R8: Gold Coast 46-51 Western Bulldogs
- R4: GWS 66-64 Collingwood
- R5: GWS 83-49 Hawthorn
- R6: Port Adelaide 73-46 GWS
- R7: GWS 68-88 Brisbane
- R8: GWS 62-50 Richmond
Gold Coast vs GWS Head to Head (last five matches)
GWS have won the last eight matches against the Suns.
- R23 2019: Gold Coast 55-127 GWS
- R11 2019: GWS 126-43 Gold Coast
- R12 2018: GWS 134-26 Gold Coast
- R2 2017: GWS 160-58 Gold Coast
- R20 2016: Gold Coast 84-92 GWS
Gold Coast vs GWS Preview and Prediction
Gold Coast fought hard against the Bulldogs last week but couldn’t come away with the four points, eventually losing the match by five points.
Gold Coast performed well in the middle of the ground last week which almost saw them get over the line, it will be interesting if they implement the same tactical style this week against the Giants like they did against the Bulldogs.
The Suns hold a terrible record in recent history against the Giants and to save this, the Suns will look to move the ball quickly through their elite midfielders and creative forwards.
Touk Miller has been a standout for the Suns all year and last week he finished the match with 26 disposals, seven tackles and seven clearances.
Whilst, GWS unconvincingly defeated the Tigers in the 2019 Grand Final replay by two goals.
The Giants had the answers in every crucial moment of the game when they needed to, something they’ve struggled with so far this season.
GWS will look to slow down the play against the Suns throughout majority of the game, allowing their midfielders, who are beginning to hit form, to get on top and win the territory battle.
Toby Greene proved why he is one of the competitions best finishing the match against the Tigers with 18 disposals, four contested marks and five goals.
Although there have been question marks over the Giants so far in 2020, I can’t see them losing against the Suns here.
Gold Coast vs GWS Team News
The Suns will most likely remain and unchanged and if not, Sean Lemmens will likely be the inclusion.
The Giants will most likely make one change with Zac Williams ready to return into the line-up.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Giants come away with a 72-point victory.
Suns vs Giants Stats
- A Suns player has never had the most disposals in a match against the Giants
- The home side has won seven of the last 10
- The favourite has covered the points line in 11 of the last 12 H2H’s
- A match between the Suns and Giants has never ended in the total points being under 160
- Jeremy Cameron has kicked at least four goals in his last six matches against the Suns
- GWS have won the last eight H2H’s
Suns vs Giants Best Bet