Both teams will be eager to finish the year off strong as they clash for the final time of the home and away season at Adelaide Oval on Sunday.
Hawthorn Hawks vs Gold Coast Suns free AFL tips, predictions and preview – If Hawthorn lose it will be their fewest wins in a season since 1953 (3).
Hawthorn vs Gold Coast Tips
Hawthorn vs Gold Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday September 20
⏰ Time: 1:05pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Hawthorn vs Gold Coast 2020 Form
- R13: Port Adelaide 68-58 Hawthorn
- R14: Hawthorn 71-87 Essendon
- R15: Hawthorn 48-83 Adelaide
- R16: St Kilda 80-66 Hawthorn
- R17: Hawthorn 40-76 Western Bulldogs
Gold Coast (LWLL)
- R13: Gold Coast 27-60 Carlton
- R14: Gold Coast 91-28 North Melbourne
- R15: BYE
- R16: Brisbane 88-43 Gold Coast
- R17: Collingwood 68-46 Gold Coast
Hawthorn vs Gold Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
Hawthorn have won three of the last five matches against the Gold Coast.
- R22 2019: Hawthorn 118-48 Gold Coast
- R14 2018: Hawthorn 96-43 Gold Coast
- R12 2017: Hawthorn 79-95 Gold Coast
- R3 2017: Gold Coast 139-53 Hawthorn
- R14 2016: Hawthorn 86-60 Gold Coast
Hawthorn vs Gold Coast Preview and Prediction
The Hawks lost their seventh match on the trot by 36 points against the Bulldogs. Whilst, Gold Coast fell four goals short against the Magpies.
It was a terrible performance all round for Hawthorn, creating minimal chances from not being able to win the ball out if the middle of the ground.
The Hawks finished the match with 24.2% efficiency inside 50 and took five marks inside 50 for the match.
It’s been a disappointing season for the Hawks and with multiple players retiring, it’s a chance for the Hawks to initiate a rebuild.
Luke Breust was impressive on a dull day, finishing the match with 16 disposals, five score involvements, three tackles and a goal.
The Suns were valiant in defeat against Collingwood despite losing the match by 22 points.
Gold Coast kept themselves in the contest in the first half, but from there, their delivery inside 50 was poor, resulting in them finishing the match with 34.1% efficiency inside 50.
The Suns will be pleased with the season they’ve had this year, and with the likes of Matt Rowell to return, the Suns will be optimistic and aim for finals football for the first time in the club’s history.
Touk Miller was the best for the Suns, finishing the match with 22 disposals, nine tackles, four score involvements and four clearances.
Considering the experience in the Hawks line-up, I believe the Hawks could just get over the line.
Hawthorn vs Gold Coast Team News
Ben Stratton will return to play his final AFL game after announcing his retirement.
Sean Lemmens and Lindsay Bull face tests for the match against Hawthorn. Nick Holman is a doubt for Sunday.
The two sides last met last season which saw Hawthorn defeat the Suns by 70 points.
Hawks vs Suns Stats
- The Suns have won 25% of their games outside of Queensland this year
- The Suns haven’t played at Adelaide Oval this season
- Hawthorn haven’t won any of their four matches at Adelaide Oval this season
- If Hawthorn lose it will be their fewest wins in a season since 1953 (3)
Hawks vs Suns Best Bet