Hawthorn will look to cause an upset against the Bulldogs who with a win, present themselves with a good chance of playing finals football.
Hawthorn Hawks vs Western Bulldogs free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The total points score has been over in the last four H2H’s.
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs Tips
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday September 13
⏰ Time: 3:35pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs 2020 Form
- R12: West Coast 81-49 Hawthorn
- R13: Port Adelaide 68-58 Hawthorn
- R14: Hawthorn 71-87 Essendon
- R15: Hawthorn 48-83 Adelaide
- R16: St Kilda 80-66 Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs (WWLW)
- R12: Western Bulldogs 111-54 Adelaide
- R13: Western Bulldogs 80-52 Melbourne
- R14: Western Bulldogs 61-72 Geelong
- R15: BYE
- R16: Western Bulldogs 49-47 West Coast
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
Hawthorn have won three of the last five matches against the Bulldogs.
- R2 2019: Hawthorn 87-106 Western Bulldogs
- R16 2018: Western Bulldogs 59-122 Hawthorn
- R23 2017: Hawthorn 99-90 Western Bulldogs
- SF 2016: Hawthorn 84-107 Western Bulldogs
- R3 2016: Western Bulldogs 90-93 Hawthorn
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs Preview and Prediction
Hawthorn showed improvements in their defeat against the Saints. Whilst, the Bulldogs were impressive in their nail-biting triumph over the Eagles.
The Hawks managed to stay within touching distance at three-quarter time, and also presented themselves with opportunities to cause an upset. Hawks fans will be proud of the efforts they provided compared to recent weeks.
Hawthorn will have to lead by example in the middle of the ground against a strong Bulldogs outfit who pose a threat with their terrific ball users.
Tom Mitchell was the best for the Hawks, finishing the match with 27 disposals, seven score involvements and a goal.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs got a much-needed victory against the Eagles.
When it looked like the game was about to slip away, the Dogs turned up the pressure and overcame the Eagles.
The Bulldogs will look to move the ball fast against the Hawks with their handball chains to open up space in the middle of the ground.
Josh Dunkley shined for the Bulldogs, finishing the match against the Eagles with 22 disposals, nine tackles, six score involvements and a goal.
The Western Bulldogs should win this match, and I believe they will comfortably.
Hawthorn vs Western Bulldogs Team News
Hawthorn will weigh up returning Jaeger O’Meara, Jarman Impey and Jonathon Patton to the side.
The Bulldogs will still be without Easton Wood for the clash against Hawks.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Western Bulldogs defeat Hawthorn by 19 points.
Hawks vs Dogs Stats
- The total points score has been over in the last four H2H’s
- Hawthorn has won two of nine games as the underdog in the last year
- The Hawks have lost six matches on the trot
- The last time Hawthorn’s leading goalkicker kicked less than 30 goals, was in 1997
Hawks vs Dogs Best Bet