It’s a much needed four points for both sides on Saturday with Adelaide still searching for its first win of the season, whilst, North Melbourne will be looking to overcome their six-match losing streak.
North Melbourne vs Adelaide Crows free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The home team has won the past 10 H2H’s.
North Melbourne vs Adelaide Tips
North Melbourne vs Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday August 1
⏰ Time: 2:35pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
North Melbourne vs Adelaide 2020 Form
North Melbourne (LLLLL)
- R4: Hawthorn 58-54 North Melbourne
- R5: Western Bulldogs 87-38 North Melbourne
- R6: Essendon 67-53 North Melbourne
- R7: Richmond 77-23 North Melbourne
- R8: North Melbourne 57-64 Carlton
- R4: Brisbane 83-46 Adelaide
- R5: Adelaide 34-54 Fremantle
- R6: West Coast 67-34 Adelaide
- R7: Adelaide 55-78 St Kilda
- R8: Adelaide 59-62 Essendon
North Melbourne vs Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
Adelaide have won three of the last five matches against North Melbourne.
- R4 2019: North Melbourne 71-59 Adelaide
- R22 2018: Adelaide 86-77 North Melbourne
- R7 2017: North Melbourne 145-86 Adelaide
- EF 2016: Adelaide 141-79 North Melbourne
- R14 2016: Adelaide 100-67 North Melbourne
North Melbourne vs Adelaide Preview and Prediction
North Melbourne suffered its sixth consecutive defeat against the Blues last week.
The Kangaroos couldn’t capitalise on the Blues missed chances despite kicking accurately themselves, however, their efficiency inside 50 was terrible finishing at 31.7%, 10.1% below their season average.
North Melbourne will be looking to capitalise on the missing names for the Crows this week by winning the midfield battle on Saturday, which is most likely where the game will be won.
Jared Polec played particularly well against the Blues finishing the match with 25 disposals, 16 contested possessions, eight intercepts and a goal.
Meanwhile, Adelaide fought bravely against the Bombers as they searched for its first win of the season but came out narrow losers.
Despite being dominated in key aspects of the game, the Crows stayed within touching distance and posed a threat moving the ball forward with pace and bravery.
Adelaide will most likely be without key players for the match against the Kangaroos so you can expect them to play out from the back trying to dominate possession.
Paul Seedsman well finishing the match with 22 disposals, seven tackles, eight score involvements, seven inside 50’s and a goal.
Although Adelaide showed promising signs against the Bombers, I can’t see them winning this one without the support of their home crowd.
North Melbourne vs Adelaide Team News
North Melbourne could see the inclusion of Paul Ahern or Aiden Bonar after returning from injuries, but I don’t believe we’ll see many changes, if any.
The Crows will be without Brad crouch and most likely acting captain Tom Doedee this week after suffering injuries against the Bombers. Bryce Gibbs or Harry Schoenberg will most likely come in for Crouch.
The two sides last met last season which saw North Melbourne come away with a 12-point triumph.
Kangaroos vs Crows Stats
- The home team has won the past 10 H2H’s
- Adelaide have lost 10 consecutive matches
- North Melbourne have lost six matches in a row
- The last two H2H’s have been decided by less than two goals
- Taylor Walker hasn’t kicked two or more goals against the Kangaroos since 2015
Kangaroos vs Crows Best Bet