The Kangaroos finish their 2020 campaign against the Eagles who are preparing for another finals campaign.
North Melbourne Kangaroos vs West Coast Eagles free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The last time North Melbourne won the wooden spoon, was in 1972.
North Melbourne vs West Coast Tips
North Melbourne vs West Coast Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Thursday September 17
⏰ Time: 7:10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
North Melbourne vs West Coast 2020 Form
North Melbourne (LLLL)
- R13: Collingwood 65-35 North Melbourne
- R14: Gold Coast 91-28 North Melbourne
- R15: BYE
- R16: North Melbourne 42-78 Port Adelaide
- R17: North Melbourne 35-99 Fremantle
West Coast (WLWLW)
- R13: West Coast 61-49 GWS
- R14: Richmond 88-61 West Coast
- R15: West Coast 60-45 Essendon
- R16: Western Bulldogs 49-47 West Coast
- R17: St Kilda 50-65 West Coast
North Melbourne vs West Coast Head to Head (last five matches)
West Coast have won four of the last five matches against the Kangaroos.
- R20 2019: West Coast 121-72 North Melbourne
- R15 2018: North Melbourne 81-41 West Coast
- R17 2017: North Melbourne 93-136 West Coast
- R22 2016: West Coast 104-72 North Melbourne
- R8 2015: West Coast 80-55 North Melbourne
North Melbourne vs West Coast Preview and Prediction
North Melbourne was atrocious against the Dockers. Whilst, West Coast showed a lot of determination to defeat the Saints by 15 points.
The lack of Kangaroo run, and pressure was a worrying sign for Rhyce Shaw’s side, only laying 36 tackles, 13 below their average. You can expect the Kangaroos to conclude 2020 with a high-intensity contest.
It’s been a bitterly disappointing season for Kangaroo fans as they started the season with high hopes, only to see their side win one match in their last 14, against the bottom of the ladder Adelaide.
Shaun Higgins attempted to lead the line against Fremantle, finishing the match with 19 disposals, three clearances and three score involvements.
Meanwhile, West Coast boosted their top-four chances with a crucial win over St Kilda.
The Eagles were resilient without some star names in their line-up in a heavily contested match, despite losing the clearances, the Eagles were more efficient moving the ball inside 50, taking 11 marks inside 50 and 15 contested marks.
West Coast will have to improve their consistency when playing away from home as they head into a historic finals series which could see them playing an elimination final.
The midfield duo of Tim Kelly and Andrew Gaff dominated the Saints last time out, finishing the match with 63 disposals, 14 score involvements, 11 intercepts, 11 clearances and two goals between them.
It will be West Coast’s match to lose on Thursday night, and I believe they’ll get a comprehensive victory.
North Melbourne vs West Coast Team News
North Melbourne have many options available with Marley Williams, Majak Daw, Paul Ahern and Jasper Pittard all putting their hand up for selection.
The Eagles will have Luke Foley run out for his first AFL match, whilst, Dom Sheed and Brendon Ah Chee are set to return to the side. Jeremy McGovern is a chance to play but will most likely miss out with finals approaching.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Eagles defeat the Kangaroos by 49 points.
Kangaroos vs Eagles Stats
- Josh Kennedy has averaged six goals a game in his last three matches against the Kangaroos
- The last time North Melbourne won the wooden spoon, was in 1972
- North Melbourne haven’t scored over 100 pints against the Eagles in the last 14 H2H’s
- The Kangaroos have won one match in their last 14
Kangaroos vs Eagles Best Bet