A win for either side will book them a place in this season’s grand final at the Gabba, with the loser’s season over.
Port Adelaide Power vs Richmond Tigers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Power have won seven of their eight home matches this season.
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Tips
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Friday October 16
⏰ Time: 7:50pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Port Adelaide vs Richmond 2020 Form
Port Adelaide (WWWW)
- R15: BYE
- R16: North Melbourne 42-78 Port Adelaide
- R17: Port Adelaide 79-29 Essendon
- R18: Collingwood 45-61 Port Adelaide
- QF: Port Adelaide 58-42 Geelong
- R16: BYE
- R17: Geelong 31-57 Richmond
- R18: Adelaide 33-77 Richmond
- QF: Brisbane 69-54 Richmond
- SF: Richmond 80-49 St Kilda
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Head to Head (last five matches)
Richmond have won three of the last five matches against the Power.
- R11 2020: Port Adelaide 93-72 Richmond
- R18 2019: Richmond 101-63 Port Adelaide
- R4 2019: Port Adelaide 92-99 Richmond
- R12 2018: Port Adelaide 72-58 Richmond
- R15 2017: Port Adelaide 63-76 Richmond
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Preview and Prediction
Port Adelaide have had a week break after their 16-point triumph over the Cats. Whilst, Richmond cruised for a win to end the Saints season.
The Power kick into gear when they have a moment in the game which riles the crowd up, whether it’s a scrap, mark or goal. They’ll need to get off to a good start against a brilliant defensive team like Richmond.
Tom Rockliff has been in some excellent form in the second half of the season, and someone Richmond will have to keep a close eye on.
A particular highlight of the Tigers game is their pace off the wings while using the middle of the ground, so if the Power can slow the game down and control the tempo, they put themselves in good stead to win the match.
Meanwhile, Richmond easily defeated St Kilda by 31 points at Metricon Stadium.
The Tigers dominated the middle of the ground on the day, having 10 more centre clearances than the Saints which allowed them to move the ball inside 50 and lock it in the forward line with their elite pressure.
Bachar Houli was the best for the Tigers, finishing the match with 32 disposals six intercepts and six score involvements.
In Richmond’s loss to the Power earlier in the season, they weren’t able to cope with the hard and slick ball movement of the Power. Like against the Saints, they will have to look to control the midfield to stand a chance of coming out on top.
I believe the Tigers will come away with a win to see them feature in their third grand final in four years.
Port Adelaide vs Richmond Team News
The Power despite a couple of injury concerns will most likely be unchanged for the clash against the Tigers.
Richmond will also most likely head into the match unchanged after a commanding performance last week.
The two sides last met in Round 11 which saw Port Adelaide defeat the Tigers by 26 points.
Power vs Tigers Stats
- Neither side this season has lost within 10 points
- The Power have won seven of their eight home matches this season
- Port Adelaide have won six on the trot
- Richmond have won two of the last three premierships
Power vs Tigers Best Bet