The Power will be looking to repeat their dominant performance over the Demons when they face a hungry Bulldogs side who will be looking to redeem themselves.
Port Adelaide Power vs Western Bulldogs free AFL tips, predictions and preview – If Port Adelaide win it will be their best start to a season since 2014.
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Tips
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Monday August 3
⏰ Time: 7:10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs 2020 Form
Port Adelaide (LWWLW)
- R5: Brisbane 85-48 Port Adelaide
- R6: Port Adelaide 63-46 GWS
- R7: Carlton 61-64 Port Adelaide
- R8: Port Adelaide 61-64 St Kilda
- R9: Melbourne 32-83 Port Adelaide
Western Bulldogs (WLWWL)
- R5: Western Bulldogs 87-38 North Melbourne
- R6: Carlton 103-51 Western Bulldogs
- R7: Essendon 51-93 Western Bulldogs
- R8: Gold Coast 46-51 Western Bulldogs
- R9: Western Bulldogs 49-90 Richmond
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
Port Adelaide have won three of the last five matches against the Dogs.
- R11 2019: Port Adelaide 41-66 Western Bulldogs
- R23 2018: Western Bulldogs 34-78 Port Adelaide
- R11 2018: Port Adelaide 132-75 Western Bulldogs
- R11 2017: Western Bulldogs 79-96 Port Adelaide
- R14 2016: Port Adelaide 97-100 Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Preview and Prediction
Port Adelaide was in cruise control against the Demons, showcasing their scintillating ball movement which kept the Demons wide open.
A particular highlight was the work done off the ball, restricting Melbourne from any ball movement through the middle of the ground, forcing them to kick It long down the line.
Port Adelaide don’t need to improve on much from last week, after a good all-round performance that saw them keep their spot-on top of the ladder.
Travis Boak played well against Melbourne, finishing the match with 25 disposals, eight clearances, nine score involvements and a goal.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs were extremely poor against the Tigers losing the match by 41 points.
The Bulldogs succumbed to the Richmond pressure and couldn’t get the game on their terms, eventually being behind at the main break by 40 points.
The Western Bulldogs will desperately look to improve their disposal efficiency and forward ball movement from last week if they have any chance of getting the four points.
Macrae starred in his milestone game, finishing the match with a whopping 37 disposals, seven score involvements and four clearances.
If last round was any indication of what could happen on Monday, then the Power will run over the top of the Bulldogs.
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Team News
Port Adelaide could make some changes after a short turnaround, but no definite ins or outs.
The Bulldogs will see the return of Josh Dunkley on Monday night after suffering an ankle syndesmosis injury, whilst, Matt Suckling will be out for a considerable amount of time with a hamstring injury.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Western Bulldogs win by 25 points.
Power vs Dogs Stats
- If Port Adelaide win it will be their best start to a season since 2014
- Port Adelaide have won three of the last five matches against the Dogs
- Port Adelaide have won six of their eight first quarters this season
- The Dogs have won two games at Adelaide Oval
- Western Bulldogs are 18th for hit outs, whilst, Port Adelaide are ranked 15th
Power vs Dogs Best Bet