The Power are fresh off their ‘Showdown’ triumph, and they host the Dogs, who are one spot above them in second and pumped after their comeback victory against Carlton last time out.
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Tips, Preview & Predictions
Port Adelaide Power vs Western Bulldogs free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Port Adelaide has won 10 of their past 11 matches Adelaide Oval.
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Tips
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Same Game Multi Tips
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday May 15
⏰ Time: 7:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 4: Port Adelaide 79-77 Richmond
- RD 5: Carlton 68-96 Port Adelaide
- RD 6: Port Adelaide 93-39 St Kilda
- RD 7: Brisbane 93-44 Port Adelaide
- RD 8: Port Adelaide 87-38 Adelaide
- RD 4: Western Bulldogs 73-54 Brisbane
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 6: GWS 65-104 Western Bulldogs
- RD 7: Richmond 77-55 Western Bulldogs
- RD 8: Western Bulldogs 107-91 Carlton
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
- R10 2020: Power 55-42 Dogs
- R15 2019: Power 41-66 Dogs
- R19 2019: Dogs 34-78 Power
- R13 2018: Power 132-75 Dogs
- R22 2018: Dogs 79-96 Power
Port Adelaide vs Western Bulldogs Preview
The Power cruised to a 49-point triumph over cross-town rivals Adelaide last time out.
Port Adelaide dominated the Crows in what was a complete team performance, with eight individual goalkickers. Including two goals from Charlie Dixon, who was the Coleman favourite at the start of the season. He hasn’t lived up to expectations so far this campaign, kicking 12 goals from his first eight games.
New recruit, Aliir Aliir has been one of the trades of the season and was again superb, as he was influential in the Power only conceding two marks inside 50 against Adelaide. Considering the Dogs will play with three talls this week, it will be an entertaining battle. Aliir could line up against high-flyer Aaron Naughton, who has kicked at least two goals in every match this season.
Meanwhile, the Bulldogs came from behind to secure the seventh win of their campaign against the Blues.
The Dogs found themselves trailing for the majority of the match, but an explosive six-goal last term led by captain Marcus Bontempelli dragged them over the line by 16-points.
After an unbelievable start to the season, the Western Bulldogs have shown signs of flaws in the previous two weeks. Against the Blues, they couldn’t capitalise on the midfield dominance despite having 16 more clearances.
Both teams like to control possession stemming from the contest, so whichever side can get the game on their terms early will go a long way on claiming the four points.
Although the Bulldogs have only lost one match this season, I think we’ve seen enough from Port Adelaide at Adelaide Oval to prove that they can go equal on points with Luke Beveridge’s men.
Power vs Dogs Team News
The Power will be forced to make at least one change with Scott Lycett given a four-match suspension. Sam Hayes could be given a chance.
Tim English will return to the side in place of inexperienced ruckman Jordon Sweet, whilst Lachie Hunter will miss with injury which allows Rhylee West to be given a possible opportunity.
The two sides last met in Round 10 last season which saw the Power win by 13 points.
Power vs Dogs Stats
- Port Adelaide has won 10 of their past 11 matches Adelaide Oval
- Port Adelaide has covered the line in nine of their last 12 matches as favourite
- Aaron Naughton has kicked at least two goals in every match this season
- Charlie Dixon has 12 goals this season
Power vs Dogs Best Bet