St Kilda will be looking to continue their outstanding season so far after beating ladder leaders Port Adelaide last week when they face the Swans who earned a much-needed win against the Hawks.
St Kilda Saints vs Sydney Swans free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Saints have covered the points line in six matches this season.
St Kilda vs Sydney Tips
St Kilda vs Sydney Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday August 1
⏰ Time: 5:10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
St Kilda vs Sydney 2020 Form
St Kilda (WWLWW)
- R4: St Kilda 93-67 Richmond
- R5: Carlton 55-73 St Kilda
- R6: Fremantle 79-73 St Kilda
- R7: Adelaide 55-78 St Kilda
- R8: Port Adelaide 44-73 St Kilda
- R4: Sydney 39-67 Western Bulldogs
- R5: West Coast 77-43 Sydney
- R6: Richmond 34-26 Sydney
- R7: Sydney 60-92 Gold Coast
- R8: Sydney 60-53 Hawthorn
St Kilda vs Sydney Head to Head (last five matches)
Sydney have won the last 10 matches against the Saints.
- R23 2019: Sydney 109-64 St Kilda
- R12 2018: St Kilda 55-126 Sydney
- R18 2017: Sydney 101-59 St Kilda
- R9 2017: St Kilda 68-118 Sydney
- R21 2016: St Kilda 76-146 Sydney
St Kilda vs Sydney Preview and Prediction
St Kilda was very impressive defeating the top of the table Power by 29 points at the Adelaide Oval.
The Saints went rampage in the last term kicking five goals, dominating the majority of the play. A particular highlight was St Kilda’s accuracy in front of goal, with one behind for the match and kicking 11 straight goals since quarter time.
St Kilda’s forward fleet will be applying relentless pressure on the Swans defensive line which will lead to unforced errors and a large tackle count.
Ruckman, Rowan Marshall, finished the match last week with 15 disposals, seven clearances, six score involvements and two goals.
Meanwhile, the Swans got on top of the Hawks winning the game by seven points.
Star forward, Tom Papley, fuelled his teammates to success last week by being lethal and enthusiastic when the ball was in the Sydney forward half.
The Swans will be looking to improve on winning the ball out of the middle and delivering it efficiently inside 50, after losing the clearance count by a margin of 11 against the Hawks and only going at 34.7% inside 50 despite winning the match.
Jake Lloyd led the way against the Hawks last week finishing the match with 34 disposals, seven marks and 12 intercepts.
St Kilda has had a strong campaign in 2020 so far, and I believe they’ll get another win against the Swans on Saturday.
St Kilda vs Sydney Team News
The Saints could be looking to recall Jack Lonie after his omission last week, due to the inclusions of Dean Kent and Matthew Parker being quiet against the Power.
Will Hayward will be a likely inclusion for the Swans, that will provide some much-needed fire power up forward.
The two sides last met last season which saw Sydney come away with a 45-point triumph.
Saints vs Swans Stats
- Sydney have scored at least 100 points in the past eight H2H’s
- Sydney have won the last 10 matches against the Saints
- The Saints have covered the points line in six matches this season
- The last time a St Kilda player kicked the most goals in a match against the Swans was in 2012
- St Kilda are ranked third in the competition for average points scored this season
Saints vs Swans Best Bet