The sixth place Saints clash off against the seventh place Bulldogs in the first elimination final of the weekend at the Gabba.
St Kilda Saints vs Western Bulldogs free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Dogs have beaten just one team inside the eight this season.
St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs Tips
St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday October 3
⏰ Time: 4:40pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs 2020 Form
St Kilda (LWLW)
- R14: Melbourne 52-49 St Kilda
- R15: BYE
- R16: St Kilda 80-66 Hawthorn
- R17: St Kilda 50-65 West Coast
- R18: St Kilda 82-30 GWS
Western Bulldogs (LWWW)
- R14: Western Bulldogs 61-72 Geelong
- R15: BYE
- R16: Western Bulldogs 49-47 West Coast
- R17: Hawthorn 40-76 Western Bulldogs
- R18: Fremantle 44-74 Western Bulldogs
St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs Head to Head (last five matches)
St Kilda have won three of the last five matches against the Bulldogs.
- R2 2020: St Kilda 88-49 Western Bulldogs
- R18 2019: St Kilda 116-89 Western Bulldogs
- R20 2018: St Kilda 68-103 Western Bulldogs
- R10 2017: Western Bulldogs 90-50 St Kilda
- R18 2016: Western Bulldogs 60-75 St Kilda
St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs Preview and Prediction
St Kilda finished their home and away season with a commanding triumph over last season’s grand finalists, GWS. St Kilda, led by Jack Steele, dominated the middle of the ground with superb efficiency.
Steele finished the match with 18 disposals, 10 clearances, nine score involvements, seven tackles and two goals.
If the Saints are any chance of progressing deeper into finals, they will have to carefully utilise the ruck duel of Rowan Marshall and Paddy Ryder against a smaller and inexperienced Tim English.
Meanwhile, the Dogs were composed in their must-win match against the Dockers.
The Western Bulldogs were professional in their approach and were in control for majority of the match. Showcasing their efficient ball-use transitioning from defence to attack.
Lachie Hunter was superb against the Dockers, finishing the match with 35 disposals, nine score involvements, five intercepts and a goal.
Although St Kilda hold an advantage in the ruck department, the Dogs have the quality and depth in the midfield to combat that. They will have to dominate the midfield, particularly the centre clearances if they are to win this one.
It’s a tough game to predict, but I believe St Kilda could have the edge in a tight contest.
St Kilda vs Western Bulldogs Team News
The Saints will be without Josh Battle for the clash against the Bulldogs. Zak Jones and Nicholas Hind are the most likely inclusions.
Aaron Naughton will fine to return after coming off with a concussion injury, whilst, Laitham Vandermeer and Matt Suckling are likely to return to the side.
The two sides last met in Round 2 which saw St Kilda defeat the Bulldogs by 39 points.
Saints vs Dogs Stats
- The last time the Bulldogs won four matches in a row was in 2017
- The away team has won seven of the past 10 H2H’s
- St Kilda have played six games at the Gabba this season, whilst the Bulldogs have played one
- The Bulldogs have played in three of the last five finals series
- The Dogs have beaten just one team inside the eight this season
Saints vs Dogs Best Bet