The Swans will look to finish the season off strong against the Cats who need this victory to all but secure a top-four finish.
Sydney Swans vs Geelong Cats free AFL tips, predictions and preview – This is Sydney’s first season since 1995 without winning back-to-back games.
Sydney vs Geelong Tips
Sydney vs Geelong Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday September 20
⏰ Time: 3:35pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Sydney vs Geelong 2020 Form
- R13: Fremantle 50-19 Sydney
- R14: Port Adelaide 73-47 Sydney
- R15: Sydney 67-46 Melbourne
- R16: Carlton 57-52 Sydney
- R17: Sydney 41-73 Brisbane
- R13: Adelaide 37-65 Geelong
- R14: Western Bulldogs 61-72 Geelong
- R15: BYE
- R16: Geelong 108-42 Essendon
- R17: Geelong 31-57 Richmond
Sydney vs Geelong Head to Head (last five matches)
Geelong have won four of the last five matches against the Swans.
- R19 2019: Sydney 80-107 Geelong
- R11 2019: Geelong 85-63 Sydney
- R16 2018: Sydney 59-71 Geelong
- R6 2018: Geelong 69-86 Sydney
- SF 2017: Geelong 98-39 Sydney
Sydney vs Geelong Preview and Prediction
Sydney couldn’t overcome second-placed Brisbane. Whilst, Geelong were below par against the Tigers, losing the match by 26 points.
The Swans were valiant in defeat against the superior Lions, keeping themselves in the game up until the last quarter, they were exceptional in the midfield beating a strong Brisbane midfield, and they will have to repeat that against the Cats if they have any chance of getting the four points.
Considering the injury list that Sydney had this season, they will be optimistic about what the future can hold, unleashing some brilliant future stars throughout the season.
Josh Kennedy and Luke Parker were exceptional in the midfield against Brisbane, finishing the match with a combined 59 disposals, 13 clearances, 12 tackles, nine score involvements and two goals.
Geelong would’ve been disheartened with their defeat against premiership contenders Richmond.
The Cats struggled to cope with the high-intensity game that Richmond provided and heading into a final’s series with high hopes, they need to adjust and get the game on their terms against the best.
Chris Scott will desperately try and isolate Tom Hawkins in the forward line against an undermanned Swans defence if that is the case you can expect Hawkins to kick a bag.
Cameron Guthrie was the best for the Cats, finishing the match with 23 disposals, six tackles and three clearances.
It’s Geelong’s match to lose, and I believe they’ll get a comfortable victory on Sunday.
Sydney vs Geelong Team News
Jordan Dawson will be available for selection; however, Lewis Taylor has suffered a foot injury which may require surgery.
Geelong are set to be bolstered by the return of Joel Selwood and Gary Ablett for the match against the Swans.
The two sides last met last season which saw Geelong defeat the Swans by 27 points.
Swans vs Cats Stats
- The away side has won six of the past eight H2H’s
- Only once in the last 12 H2H’s has the winning margin been less than 15 points
- This is Sydney’s first season since 1995 without winning back-to-back games
- Geelong have scored over 70 points 10 times this season
Swans vs Cats Best Bet