Gold Coast will be hoping they can cause an upset on Saturday afternoon against the Swans who will be keen to get back in the winner’s circle after their loss to home-town rivals GWS.
Gold Coast vs Sydney Tips, Preview & Predictions
Gold Coast Suns vs Sydney Swans free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The Suns have never beaten Sydney at Metricon Stadium.
Gold Coast vs Sydney Tips
Gold Coast vs Sydney Same Game Multi Tips
Gold Coast vs Sydney Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday April 24
⏰ Time: 1:45pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Gold Coast vs Sydney 2021 Form
- RD 1: West Coast 83-58 Gold Coast
- RD 2: Gold Coast 98-39 North Melbourne
- RD 3: Adelaide 95-85 Gold Coast
- RD 4: Gold Coast 59-70 Carlton
- RD 5: Western Bulldogs 118-56 Gold Coast
- RD 1: Brisbane 94-125 Sydney
- RD 2: Sydney 121-88 Adelaide
- RD 3: Richmond 72-117 Sydney
- RD 4: Sydney 83-80 Essendon
- RD 5: Sydney 69-71 GWS
Gold Coast vs Sydney Head to Head (last five matches)
- R7 2020: Swans 60-92 Suns
- R15 2019: Swans 93-51 Suns
- R18 2018: Swans 64-88 Suns
- R16 2017: Swans 118-51 Suns
- R11 2016: Suns 41-79 Swans
Gold Coast vs Sydney Preview
The Suns are still searching for their second win of the season after being humbled last time out by the Bulldogs.
Gold Coast’s 62-point loss saw them drop to 15th on the ladder. They will desperately want to win this one with a tough month ahead of them. They face Collingwood, St Kilda, Brisbane and Geelong.
Stuart Dew’s side has had some trouble scoring so far this season, with three of their five matches this season falling below 60 points. Saturday will be a chance for their versatile forward line to kick a winning score.
Meanwhile, the Swans fell to a heartbreaking two-point defeat against cross-town rivals GWS despite being favourites.
The narrow loss against the Giants meant it was their first loss of the season, but they can consider themselves lucky to lose by that margin despite having seven fewer scoring shots.
Although the Swans have kicked over 100 points in three of their games this season, you can expect a low scoring match. They’ve kicked 83 and 69 points in the previous two weeks, and with injuries to their top two goal scorers, they need to share the load.
Although they are playing at Metricon Stadium, I believe the young Swans outfit will bounce back after last week’s loss.
Suns vs Swans Team News
The Suns didn’t add to their injury list against the Dogs, but a poor performance could see Stuart Dew make a couple of changes.
The Swans will be forced to make two changes with ruckman Tom Hickey and star forward Lance Franklin suffering injuries against the Giants.
The two sides last met in Round 7 last season which saw the Suns win by 32 points.
Suns vs Swans Stats
- Only one team has kicked over 100 points in the last six meetings
- The Suns have never beaten Sydney at Metricon Stadium
- Sydney are missing their two best goal scorers
- Gold Coast are the worst centre clearance team in the competition, averaging 10.4 a match
Suns vs Swans Best Bet