West Coast secured their first interstate win of the season after downing the Hawks, and they host the Crows to conclude Round 9, who have lost four matches on the trot.
West Coast vs Adelaide Tips, Preview & Predictions
West Coast Eagles vs Adelaide Crows free AFL tips, predictions and preview – West Coast have won five of the last six meetings.
West Coast vs Adelaide Tips
West Coast vs Adelaide Same Game Multi Tips
West Coast vs Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday May 16
⏰ Time: 4:40pm AEDT
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
West Coast vs Adelaide 2021 Form (last five matches)
- RD 4: St Kilda 102-82 West Coast
- RD 5: West Coast 103-76 Collingwood
- RD 6: Geelong 136-39 West Coast
- RD 7: West Coast 132-73 Fremantle
- RD 8: Hawthorn 60-98 West Coast
- RD 4: North Melbourne 68-109 Adelaide
- RD 5: Adelaide 72-84 Fremantle
- RD 6: Hawthorn 102-99 Adelaide
- RD 7: Adelaide 39-106 GWS
- RD 8: Port Adelaide 87-38 Adelaide
West Coast vs Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
- R6 2020: Eagles 67-34 Crows
- R21 2019: Eagles 90-80 Crows
- R10 2019: Crows 73-85 Eagles
- R15 2018: Crows 88-78 Eagles
- R23 2017: Eagles 100-71 Crows
West Coast vs Adelaide Preview
The Eagles won their first interstate match of the season by 38-points against the Hawks last time out.
West Coast has the best home record of any side in the competition and has failed to lose this season. A spot in the top four will be crucial for them as they look to gain home advantage in the upcoming finals series, which they could do with a win on Sunday.
The Eagles haven’t seemed to put a foot wrong in defence since the injury to Jeremy McGovern, but an injury to tall-forward Josh Kennedy will allow Oscar Allen to have some more time up forward against a tougher opponent.
Meanwhile, the Crows failed to win the showdown, falling by 49-points against their cross-town rivals.
Adelaide started the season superbly, being 3-1 after the first four rounds. However, four losses on the trot against Fremantle (12 points), Hawthorn (three points), GWS (67 points), and Port Adelaide (49 points) has seen them drop to 14th position.
If an unlikely triumph is on the cards, they will have to limit the influence of the potent midfield that got on top of the Hawks last time out. Rory Sloane, Rory Laird and Paul Seedsman were valiant in defeat in a wasteful performance, which saw the forward line struggle, going at a mere 26% inside 50.
Although the Eagles have a terrible away record, their home record is one of the best, if not the best in the competition. I believe they’ll have a large victory on Sunday against an out-of-form Crows outfit.
Eagles vs Crows Team News
The Eagles will be forced to make one change with Josh Kennedy suffering a calf injury against the Hawks. Tom Barrass will likely come into the side, returning from a shoulder issue.
Adelaide will make a host of changes for Sunday, with Lachlan Murphy and Ned McHenry being certain omissions. Jackson Hately and Chayce Jones are likely inclusions if needed.
The two sides last met in Round 6 last season which saw the Eagles win by 33 points.
Eagles vs Crows Stats
- West Coast have won five of the last six meetings
- Four of Adelaide’s last five matches have gone UNDER the total points line
- Tim Kelly has had 28+ disposals in his last four matches at Optus Stadium
- Paul Seedsman has had 25+ disposals in his last six matches
Eagles vs Crows Best Bet