West Coast will be looking to repeat their demolition job of Collingwood of last week when they face a Geelong team who got back in the winner’s circle last week.
West Coast Eagles vs Geelong Cats free AFL tips, predictions and preview – West Coast has covered the points line in their last four games.
West Coast vs Geelong Tips
West Coast vs Geelong Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Saturday August 1
⏰ Time: 8:10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Optus Stadium
West Coast vs Geelong 2020 Form
West Coast (LWWWW)
- R4: Port Adelaide 89-41 West Coast
- R5: West Coast 77-43 Sydney
- R6: West Coast 67-34 Adelaide
- R7: Fremantle 32-62 West Coast
- R8: West Coast 111-45 Collingwood
- R4: Melbourne 44-47 Geelong
- R5: Geelong 89-52 Gold Coast
- R6: Geelong 73-46 Brisbane
- R7: Geelong 35-57 Collingwood
- R8: Fremantle 16-48 Geelong
West Coast vs Geelong Head to Head (last five matches)
Geelong have won three of the last five matches against the Eagles.
- SF 2019: Geelong 88-68 West Coast
- R6 2019: Geelong 104-46 West Coast
- R3 2018: West Coast 95-80 Geelong
- R13 2017: West Coast 83-70 Geelong
- R7 2016: Geelong 123-79 West Coast
West Coast vs Geelong Preview and Prediction
The Eagles put on a demolition job against the cold pies last week.
West Coast strengthened its claim as the leading premiership contenders for 2020 by dismantling the Magpies with their elite pressure and incredible efficiency, after quarter time the Eagles generated 21 scoring shots from only 35 forward 50 entries.
Whoever wins the midfield battle and effectively delivers the ball inside 50 on the night will most likely finish on top and get the four points.
Josh Kennedy has picked up his goal kicking form lately, finishing the match with 13 disposals, nine score involvements and seven goals.
Meanwhile, the Cats eased past the Dockers in terrible conditions to finish the round in the third spot on the ladder.
Fremantle was forced into their defensive half majority of the game, due to Geelong’s cleaner use of the football and forward half pressure in the wet.
The Cats controlled every aspect of the game and will look to counteract when winning the ball in defensive 50 against the Eagles who tend to aim for their powerful tall forwards and capitalise on the ground level.
Cameron Guthrie was clean with the wet ball finishing the match with 30 disposals, seven clearances and six tackles.
West Coast made a statement about their premiership credentials last week and I think they’ll do that again with a win on Saturday night.
West Coast vs Geelong Team News
The Eagles make two changes with Brendon Ah Chee and Harry Edwards coming into the side for Jack Redden and Josh Rotham.
Geelong remain unchanged from the side that beat Fremantle last week.
The two sides last met in the semi-final last season which saw the Cats come away with a 20 -point victory.
Eagles vs Cats Stats
- The home team has won the past seven H2H’s
- West Coast has covered the points line in their last four games
- Josh Kennedy has kicked 11 goals in the last two weeks
- Geelong have won three of the last five matches against the Eagles, including last year’s semi-final
- No Eagles player has kicked three or more goals against the Cats since 2015
Eagles vs Cats Best Bet