The Dogs will look to continue their rich vein of form when they face the Tigers who will be looking to bounce back after their loss to the Giants.
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Tigers free AFL tips, predictions and preview – The home side has won eight of the last 10 H2H’s.
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Tips
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Wednesday July 29
⏰ Time: 7:10pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Metricon Stadium
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond 2020 Form
Western Bulldogs (WWLWW)
- R4: Sydney 39-67 Western Bulldogs
- R5: Western Bulldogs 87-38 North Melbourne
- R6: Carlton 103-51 Western Bulldogs
- R7: Essendon 51-93 Western Bulldogs
- R8: Gold Coast 46-51 Western Bulldogs
- R4: St Kilda 93-67 Richmond
- R5: Melbourne 52-79 Richmond
- R6: Richmond 34-26 Sydney
- R7: Richmond 77-23 North Melbourne
- R8: GWS 62-50 Richmond
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Head to Head (last five matches)
Western Bulldogs have won four of the last five matches against the Tigers.
- R7 2019: Western Bulldogs 99-52 Richmond
- R23 2018: Richmond 98-95 Western Bulldogs
- R7 2017: Western Bulldogs 80-75 Richmond
- R16 2016: Western Bulldogs 85-75 Richmond
- R2 2015: Richmond 66-85 Western Bulldogs
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Preview and Prediction
The Western Bulldogs won a nail-biting contest against the Suns on Thursday night.
The Dogs played with determination and grit last week to fight away the brave Suns who led the inside 50’s and clearances.
The Dogs will be looking to improve upon their clearance numbers this week when they come up against a Richmond midfield who is lacking star quality.
But on the other hand, the delivery inside 50 needs to improve, only managing to finish with four marks inside 50, less than 50% below their average.
Caleb Daniel was influential against the Suns being very clean at the contest and finishing the match with 25 disposals, six intercepts and three score involvements.
Meanwhile, Richmond lost by 12-points against the x-factor Giants.
The Tigers would be made to rue missed chances, only converting majors from 30% of their scoring shots.
With the likely inclusion of Trent Cotchin back into the side, the Tigers will look to improve their numbers in the midfield from previous weeks, a tough ask considering they face an experienced Bulldogs midfield on Wednesday.
You can expect Richmond to play an extremely high-pressure game style against the Dogs.
Dustin Martin returned to his best form against the Giants finishing the match with 23 disposals, nine clearances and two goals.
Although Richmond have shown signs of improvements in recent weeks, I believe the Bulldogs will earn the four points on Wednesday night.
Western Bulldogs vs Richmond Team News
The Dogs could see the return of Toby McLean and Sam Lloyd back into the line-up when they face the Dogs on Wednesday night.
Richmond will be debating whether to bring captain Trent Cotchin back into the team this week whilst Sydney Stack impressed in a scratch match against the Blues.
The two sides last met last season which saw the Dogs come away with a comprehensive 47-point victory.
Dogs vs Tigers Stats
- Western Bulldogs have won four of the last five matches against the Tigers
- The home side has won eight of the last 10 H2H’s
- Nick Vlastuin is third in the competition for intercept marks
- Jack Macrae is fourth in the competition for disposals
- The Dogs are the worst team in the league for hit outs
Dogs vs Tigers Best Bet