Preview the Carlos Alcaraz vs. Tommy Paul match with Western & Southern Open betting odds, match info and head-to-head-stats.
The Round of 16 at the Western & Southern Open is set for Thursday, with Tommy Paul, the No. 13-ranked player, matching up with Carlos Alcaraz, the No. 1-ranked player.
Paul currently has +3300 odds to win the event, while Alcaraz has the second-best odds at +200.
Alcaraz heads into the Round of 16 after a three-set win, 7-5, 4-6, 6-3 over Jordan Thompson in the Round of 32 on Tuesday. Paul heads into this match following a two-set victory against Ugo Humbert (6-1, 7-6) in his most recent match, which was on Wednesday (in the Round of 32).
How to live stream on Bet365
- Sign-up with Bet365
- Make sure you have funds in your account
- Head to the ‘In-Play’ section
- Select an event with a video live stream icon beside it
For free and confidential support call 1800 858 858 or visit gamblinghelponline.org.au. What are you prepared to lose? Set a deposit limit.
Carlos Alcaraz vs. Tommy Paul H2H History (Last 5 Years)
|Matches||Alcaraz wins||Paul wins||Last Match Winner||Last Match Score|
|3||1||2||Paul||6-3, 4-6, 6-3|
Carlos Alcaraz Recent Performance
- Alcaraz has come out on top in one tournament on hard courts so far this year, registering a 13-2 record on that surface.
- Alcaraz has played 29.1 games per match (25.2 in best-of-three matches) in 22 matches during his past five tournaments (across all court surfaces).
- Alcaraz has won 31.5% of his return games in his past five tournaments, and 86.2% of his service games.
- Including all surfaces, Alcaraz has converted 37.3% of his break-point opportunities (93 of 249) in his past five tournaments.
- Through 63 matches over his last 15 tournaments (across all court types), Alcaraz has played 23.7 games per match (21.7 in best-of-three matches) and won 59.3% of them.
- Over his last 15 tournaments, Alcaraz has won 34.0% of his return games and 84.7% of his service games.
- Alcaraz has converted 240 of 561 break points (42.8%) over his last 15 tournaments.
Tommy Paul Recent Performance
- Paul has a match record of 20-8 on hard courts this year.
- Paul has played 16 matches over his last five tournaments across all court types, and 28.7 games per match (25.4 in best-of-three matches).
- In terms of serve/return winning percentages over his last five tournaments, Paul has won 81.6% of his games on serve, and 26.8% on return.
- Paul has converted 39.9% of his break-point chances (55 of 138) over his last five tournaments.
- Paul has played 26.3 games per match (24.5 in best-of-three matches) in 39 matches in his past 15 tournaments (across all court types).
- In his past 15 tournaments, Paul has won 25.5% of his return games and 79.9% of his service games.
- Paul has converted 115 of 315 break points (36.5%) in his past 15 tournaments.
Western & Southern Open Info
- Tournament: The Western & Southern Open
- Round: Round of 16
- Date: Thursday, August 17
- Venue: Lindner Family Tennis Center
- Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
- Court Surface: Hard