The Wimbledon first round match between Christopher Eubanks and Thiago Monteiro features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Wednesday July 5.
Bet Of The Day July 5 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
- Eubanks coming off maiden ATP title in Mallorca last weekend
- Eubanks possibly fatigued after arriving at Wimbledon on Sunday
- Eubanks minimal practice on Wimbledon grass due to late arrival + rain
- Eubanks has never played a match at Wimbledon before
- Wimbledon conditions very different to grass in Mallorca, adjustments need to be made
- Monteiro beat Eubanks at Wimbledon qualifying in straight sets in 2019
- Monteiro’s left-handed serve + forehand combo is very effective on grass
We’re off to Wimbledon for today’s best bet as Christopher Eubanks makes his Wimbledon debut against the experienced Thiago Monteiro.
Going for the big upset here and backing Monteiro at $4.00 with bet365.
Despite his improvement throughout this season, there’s simply no way Eubanks should ever be a $1.25 favourite. The big-serving American has risen to No. 43 in the world, but there’s still big weaknesses in his game and he’s got some more points to prove.
Eubanks is experiencing a lot of first lately. He’s coming off a maiden ATP title in Mallorca last week, so how he backs up from that gruelling run will be interesting.
Eubanks played a lot of long matches (five in total) in hot conditions, while the grass in London is very different to in Mallorca.
Fatigue – both mentally and physically – could easily be a factor, while Eubanks can’t have had many opportunities to practice on the Wimbledon lawns given he only arrived on Sunday and it’s been raining ever since.
Monteiro unfortunately has been below his best form all year, but this is a fantastic opportunity for the Brazilian to take a decent scalp and score a main draw win at a slam.
Monteiro has a great lefty serve, which should prove extremely effective on grass, allowing his forehand to do some damage after the first return.
I’m expecting both players to hold fairly comfortably, which means the lottery of tiebreaks could decide this match. With that in mind, it’s a no-brainer to back the player at $4.00.
Furthermore, Monteiro has actually beaten Eubanks at Wimbledon before in straight sets, albeit in qualifying back in 2019.
BET OF THE DAY JULY 5 👇