The La Liga match between Rayo Vallecano and Atletico Madrid features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Monday August 28.
Bet Of The Day August 28 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
- Atletico have won 10 of the last 12 meetings between the teams
- Atletico beat Vallecano 2-1 on the road in April
- Vallecano’s last win over Atletico came in 2013
- Vallecano only have two wins over Atletico since 2001
- Atletico won 22 of 30 games vs teams ranked sixth or below last season
- Vallecano have allowed the third-most shots in La Liga this season (33)
- Vallecano haven’t won their first three La Liga games since 1999
We’re off to La Liga for today’s best bet as Atletico Madrid and Rayo Vallecano each try to extend their unbeaten starts to the season.
Atletico look decent odds to claim victory on the road here at $2.00.
Vallecano have won two from two to launch the campaign, but those games were against Almeria and Granada, so obviously this is a significant step up in class.
Atletico have won 10 of the last 12 meetings between the teams, including a 2-1 triumph on the road back in April, while Vallecano’s last win in this H2H came all the way back in 2013.
In fact, Vallecano have only beaten Atletico twice since 2001!
Additionally, despite their two wins, Vallecano are looking vulnerable. Only Almeria and Cadiz have faced more shots in the league so far this season, with Vallecano allowing 33 – dangerous signs heading into this clash.
Atletico more often than not get the job done against the lesser sides – last season, they won 22 of their 30 games against teams placed sixth or below on the ladder.
Vallecano also haven’t won their first three games of a La Liga season since 1999, so history is well and truly against them here on a number of fronts.
Atletico are clearly the superior side and they’ve got a lot of things going in their favour here – confident they can pick up all three points.
BET OF THE DAY AUGUST 28 👇