The Europa League semi-final between Manchester United and Roma features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Thursday April 29.
Bet Of The Day April 29 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
Heading to the Europa League for today’s best bet as Manchester United look to maintain their brilliant home record in European semi-finals against a slumping Roma side.
Man United haven’t lost a European semi-final opening leg at Old Trafford since 1997 and have avoided defeat against Italian sides in 11 of their last 12 European matches.
Furthermore, Roma haven’t picked up a European victory on English soil in 20 years, with their last win coming against Liverpool in the 2001 UEFA Cup.
United are unbeaten in 20 of their last 21 fixtures in all competitions, but they haven’t been all that reliable at the back, conceding at least one goal in four of their last seven home games.
Additionally, Roma – despite going winless in their last four matches – have scored at least one goal in 13 of their last 15 matches, while they’ve found the back of the net in all but one of their Europa League games this season.
As a result, we’ll be backing a United win with both teams to score.
The Red Devils are in much superior form and playing at home, so they should prevail, but their defence hasn’t been at its strongest and a Roma side who have scored in their last seven fixtures will fancy themselves of coming away with an away goal.
- United are unbeaten in 20 of their last 21 games
- United have won seven of their last nine games
- Roma are winless in their last four games
- United haven’t lost a European semi-final opening leg at home since 1997
- Roma haven’t won a European game on English soil since 2001
- United have conceded at least one goal in four of their last seven home games
- Roma have scored at least one goal in 13 of their last 15 fixtures and in their last seven straight
BET OF THE DAY APRIL 29 👇