The NRL Round 22 match between Melbourne Storm and Canberra Raiders features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Thursday August 12.
Bet Of The Day August 12 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
We’re off to the NRL for today’s best bet as reigning premiers Melbourne Storm look to continue their incredible run of form against the Canberra Raiders.
Melbourne are simply untouchable right now and more dominant than ever – they’ve won 17 matches in a row this season to surge into the competition lead as they chase back-to-back premierships.
Additionally, the Storm have an extraordinary record in Queensland, winning their last 28 matches in the state, while they are also a perfect 8-0 at Sunshine Coast Stadium.
It’s the manner of their victories that is most impressive – the Storm have won 14 of their 17-match winning streak by 13+ margins and have been scoring points for fun.
Craig Bellamy’s side have also defeated the Raiders in the last three meetings between the teams, winning the last two by 20+ points.
Another victory is on the cards here and we think we have found some good odds taking Melbourne at the -10.5 line and under 53.5 total points.
The last seven games between the Storm and Raiders have produced 44 points or less, so we give ourselves a fair bit of wriggle room there.
Melbourne have seen under 53.5 points in their last five wins, while Canberra have seen under 53.5 points in six of their last seven matches.
All signs point to a comfortable Melbourne win, but we can play it safe with the -10.5 line/under 53.5 points and still get some decent value.
- Storm are on a 17-match winning streak
- Storm have won their last 28 matches in Queensland
- Storm are 8-0 at Sunshine Coast Stadium
- Storm have won 14 of their last 17 matches by 13+ margins
- Storm have won their last three games vs Canberra
- Storm have won their last two games vs Canberra by 20+ margins
- The last seven matches between the teams have produced 44 points or less
- Storm have seen under 53.5 points in their last five matches
- Raiders have seen under 53.5 points in six of their last seven matches
BET OF THE DAY AUGUST 12 👇