The NRL Round 23 match between Gold Coast Titans and Melbourne Storm features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Thursday August 19.
Bet Of The Day August 19 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
NRL Round 23 action kicks off at Cbus Super Stadium tonight when the Storm look to continue their incredible winning streak against the Titans.
It’s been an extraordinary season for reigning premiers Melbourne and we’re confident they can register what would be a 30th straight win in Queensland and record-equalling 19th consecutive victory in the NRL.
However, we don’t think this will be a massacre for a number of reasons.
Firstly, the Storm have understandably slowed down over the last month as they attempt to peak for the upcoming finals.
Three of their last four wins have been by 1-12 margins and they were pushed all the way by the Raiders last week.
Melbourne are without halfback Jahrome Hughes and hooker Brandon Smith for this clash, which means their attack is likely to suffer.
As a result, we’re going to be backing the Storm and under 51.5 total points.
Melbourne have seen under 51.5 points in five of their last six games, while the Titans have also seen under 51.5 points in their last six consecutive matches.
With their season hanging in the balance, the Titans should be able to keep this one relatively close on their home turf, but the Storm should have the edge when push comes to shove.
Gold Coast have also played the Storm close in recent years, with five of the last six meetings between the teams also producing under 51.5 total points.
Melbourne’s class will almost certainly still shine through, but we’re not expecting too many points.
- Storm are on a 29-match winning streak in Queensland
- Storm are on an 18-match winning streak in the NRL
- Storm have won the last six games between the teams
- Storm have won three of their last four games by 1-12 margins
- Titans have lost eight of their last nine matches this season as underdogs
- Five of the last six meetings between the sides have produced under 51.5 total points
- Titans have seen under 51.5 points in their last six matches
- Storm have seen under 51.5 points in five of their last six matches
BET OF THE DAY AUGUST 19 👇