The ATP Rome Masters R16 match between Alexander Zverev and Alex de Minaur features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Thursday May 12.
Bet Of The Day May 12 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
TODAY'S BEST BET | MAY 12
- Zverev has won five of the six meetings between the pair
- Zverev has covered the -4.5 games handicap in three of his four wins over de Minaur in best-of-three set matches
- Zverev has won five of his last six matches
- Zverev has only lost to Federer, Nadal & Berrettini in Rome
- De Minaur is 6-27 vs top 10 players in his career
- De Minaur has never advanced to a clay Masters 1000 quarter-final
- De Minaur has never defeated a player ranked higher than No. 7 in his career
We’re off to the Rome Masters for today’s best bet as World No. 3 Alexander Zverev and Aussie star Alex de Minaur square off for a place in the quarter-finals.
As much as it always pains us to back against an Aussie, fading de Minaur has been successful for us in the past and we’re confident we can land this bet against him today in Rome.
De Minaur is experiencing a great season and is playing career-best tennis on clay, but the fact remains he still doesn’t have what it takes to beat top 10 players on a regular basis.
The World No. 22 has only lost eight matches this season – and they’ve come against Jannik Sinner (twice), Stefanos Tsitsipas (twice), Andrey Rublev, Carlos Alcaraz and Taylor Fritz.
De Minaur’s record against the top 10 doesn’t make for pretty reading – he’s 6-27 against the game’s elite throughout his career.
Zverev himself isn’t enjoying the best season, but he usually peaks in Masters 1000 events and he’s coming off making the final in Madrid last week.
Additionally, the German is a former champion in Rome and it takes the very best to knock him out of this tournament, only losing to Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Matteo Berrettini.
Zverev has unsurprisingly been dominant in his H2H with de Minaur, winning five of their six previous meetings.
We’ll be backing Zverev to cover the -4.5 games handicap, which is something he’s done in three of his four best-of-three set matches between the pair.
BET OF THE DAY MAY 12 👇