The La Liga match between Valencia and Espanyol features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Friday December 31.
Bet Of The Day December 31 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
TODAY'S BEST BET | DECEMBER 31
We’re heading to the La Liga in Spain for today’s best bet as Valencia and Espanyol close out the year.
Valencia have been in solid form this season and head into this encounter with the chance to rise into fourth spot on the ladder, while Espanyol are five points behind and sitting in mid-table.
With home ground advantage, we are backing Valencia to get the job done on the last day of 2021.
Valencia have lost just once at home all season and that was a 2-1 defeat to Real Madrid back in September.
Unbeaten in nine games across all competitions, Valencia are in a confident mood heading into this showdown, while they’ve also scored the third-most goals in La Liga this term.
Valencia also have a fantastic home record against Espanyol, winning 11 of the last 13 such meetings between the teams and last suffering defeat all the way back in 2007.
Additionally, Espanyol have a terrible away record in La Liga, going winless in their last 18 road games in the top flight dating back to the 2019-20 season.
Given Valencia’s dominant record on their own turd in this H2H and their ability to score a lot of goals this season, backing the home team with over 1.5 goals is our best bet here.
- Valencia are unbeaten in their last nine games in all competitions
- Valencia have lost just once at home all season (Real Madrid)
- Valencia have won 11 of their last 13 home games vs Espanyol
- Espanyol last beat Valencia away in 2007
- Espanyol are winless in their last 18 La Liga away games dating back to 2019-20
- Valencia have seen over 1.5 goals in their last eight home games
BET OF THE DAY DECEMBER 31 👇