The NRL Round 16 match between the Sydney Roosters and Melbourne Storm features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Thursday July 1.
Bet Of The Day July 1 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
We’re heading to the NRL for today’s best bet as rampant competition leaders Melbourne look to extend their sensational winning streak when they come up against the Roosters.
Reigning premiers Melbourne are absolutely flying heading into this showdown, winning their last 12 matches on the bounce to leapfrog the Panthers into top spot on the ladder.
Incredibly, the Storm have won 11 of those matches by 13+ margins, highlighting just how truly dominant they’ve been in 2021.
Melbourne have been piling on the points for fun and have registered 40+ in seven of their last nine wins, including a bruising 66-16 demolition of the Tigers in their last outing.
Meanwhile, the Roosters have been hit hard by injuries this season and are well off the pace when it comes to the genuine premiership contenders at this stage.
The Roosters were battered 38-12 by the Panthers in their last match and have now lost four of their last six games against teams in the top eight.
The Storm have won four of the last five meetings between the teams, with the last two coming by 13+ margins.
All signs point to another convincing Melbourne victory as the reigning premiers look to chalk up their 13th win in a row on Thursday night.
- Storm have won their last 12 matches
- Storm have won 11 of those by 13+ margins
- Storm have scored 40 points or more in seven of their last nine wins
- Storm have won four of the last five meetings between the teams
- Storm have won their last two vs Roosters by 13+ margins
- Roosters lost 38-12 vs Panthers in their last match
- Roosters have lost four of their last six games vs top eight teams
BET OF THE DAY JULY 1 👇