The NRL Round 16 match between the Penrith Panthers and Parramatta Eels features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Friday July 2.
Bet Of The Day July 2 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
Sticking with the NRL after yesterday’s success with Melbourne crushing the Roosters as we head to the foot of the mountains for tonight’s clash between the Panthers and Eels.
Rather than pick a winner or margin, we’ll be focusing on the total points market for a few reasons.
First and foremost, the Panthers and Eels rank in the top three for the best defence in the NRL this season, with Penrith conceding just 145 points and Parramatta leaking 234.
Additionally, the last 11 meetings between the teams have seen under 45.5 total points, which is currently the line with the bookies.
These two teams traditionally play out close and low-scoring games, with four of the last five being decided by eight points or less.
Indeed, the most points scored in any of their last eight encounters dating back to 2017 was 34 points.
Another factor working in our favour for minimal points is Nathan Cleary being sidelined for the Panthers through injury.
Most of Penrith’s attack goes through Cleary, so they will need to rely on Jarome Luai and Matt Burton to create in the opposition 20.
Overall, the stage is set for another tight tussle between two sides with rock solid defence, so we’re confident in backing under 45.5 points once more in this match-up.
- The last 11 meetings between the Panthers and Eels have seen under 45.5 points
- The last eight meetings have produced 34 points or less
- Panthers and Eels rank in the top three for best defence in the NRL in 2021
- Four of the last five games between the teams have been decided by eight points or less
- Panthers have seen under 45.5 points in three of their last four games
BET OF THE DAY JULY 2 👇