The NRL Round 19 match between the Canterbury Bulldogs and Cronulla Sharks features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Sunday July 25.
Bet Of The Day July 25 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
We’re heading to the NRL for today’s best bet as the Bulldogs and Sharks square off at Cbus Super Stadium on the Gold Coast.
Despite the Bulldogs being anchored to the bottom of the ladder with just two wins for the season, we give them a real chance in upsetting the Sharks.
After all, one of the Dogs’ two wins in 2021 did come against the Sharks back in April when they prevailed 18-12.
There’s certainly value in backing Canterbury – and you can get $3.60 for them with Ladbrokes – but we’re going to be playing it safe and focusing on the total points market.
These two teams traditionally play out relatively low-scoring games – indeed, the last 17 meetings between the Sharks and Bulldogs dating back to 2009 have produced under 49.5 points.
Canterbury have scored the least amount of points out of any NRL side this season and have seen under 49.5 points in 13 of their 17 games this year, while the Sharks have seen under that points total in six of their last nine.
With the Dogs struggling all year in attack and the Sharks low on confidence after two defeats in their last three, we can see another cagey affair playing out today.
- The last 17 games between the sides have seen under 49.5 points
- Bulldogs have seen under 49.5 points in 13 of their 17 games in 2021
- Sharks have seen under 49.5 points in six of their last nine games
- Six of Sharks’ last seven games have gone under the total points line
- The last meeting between the teams in April resulted in a 18-12 Bulldogs win
BET OF THE DAY JULY 25 👇