The NRL Round 17 match between South Sydney Rabbitohs and North Queensland Cowboys features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Friday July 9.
Bet Of The Day July 9 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
We’re heading to the NRL for today’s best bet as the high-flying Rabbitohs take on a slumping Cowboys side at McDonald Jones Stadium.
Despite the Rabbitohs losing a few of their stars to Origin, they will still field a very strong side, led by halves Adam Reynolds and Cody Walker, who were both overlooked for NSW selection.
With Alex Johnston as prolific as ever on the wing, the Rabbitohs look to have a lot of points in them as they come up against one of the NRL’s more out-of-form sides in this encounter.
The Cowboys have slipped outside of the top eight on the back of three straight defeats, but it’s their away form that is letting them down, with the side winning just one match outside of Townsville in 2021.
North Queensland were hammered 38-0 by the Knights at this venue last week and they are set for another heavy defeat against one of the premiership contenders.
South Sydney have won their last four matches by 13+ margins and have won 20 of their last 21 games as favourites, highlighting their dominance against teams below them on the ladder.
We’ll also be backing the Rabbitohs to win with over 46.5 points.
Seven of South Sydney’s last nine games have produced over 46.5 points, while four of the Cowboys’ last five matches have eclipsed that points total.
With the Rabbitohs winning the last five meetings and three of the last four going over 47.5 points, we’re confident for tonight’s best.
- Rabbitohs have won the last five meetings between the teams
- Rabbitohs are on a four-match winning streak
- Rabbitohs have won 20 of their last 21 games as favourites
- Rabbitohs haven’t lost to a team below them on the ladder in 2021
- Cowboys are on a three-match losing streak
- Cowboys have won just once outside of Townsville in 2021
- Cowboys have lost five of their last six games at McDonald Jones Stadium
- Cowboys’ last four defeats have been by 13+ margins
- Rabbitohs last four wins have been by 13+ margins
- Three of the last four meetings between the teams have seen over 47.5 points
- Seven of Rabbitohs’ last nine games have seen over 47.5 points
- Four of Cowboys’ last five games have seen over 47.5 points
BET OF THE DAY JULY 9 👇