The French Open second round match between Fabio Fognini and Marton Fucsovics features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Wednesday June 2.
Bet Of The Day June 2 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
- May Results: $100 outlay on all of our Bets Of The Day throughout May would have returned a profit of $1332.
We’re off to the French Open for today’s best bet as enigmatic Italian star Fabio Fognini takes on Hungary’s Marton Fucsovics for a spot in the third round.
Fognini is widely known for his unpredictable brand of tennis and tendencies to find himself in roller-coaster matches in the early stages of slams.
The Italian surprisingly posted a routine straight sets win in his opening round over Gregoire Barrere, but we’re expecting a much tougher assignment in the second round today.
Fognini loves a marathon match at slams, with eight of his last 11 wins at this level seeing both players win at least one set.
Fognini was knocked out of the 2020 French Open in the opening round, but in the 2019 edition he won his first three rounds while dropping a set in all of those matches.
Additionally, at Wimbledon 2019, Fognini won his first two rounds in five sets, with one of those victories coming against Fucsovics.
Fucsovics is a much better player than Barrere and we’re confident he can give Fognini a bigger battle in the second round.
However, Fucsovics hasn’t won back-to-back matches on clay all season and hasn’t looked at his best for the entire European swing.
Fognini has traditionally excelled at this stage of the French Open, winning eight of his previous nine second round matches throughout his career.
As mentioned, this has a four or five-setter written all over it, but Fognini is the better clay courter and more often than not finds a way in the second round of Roland Garros.
- The last two meetings between the pair have seen both players win a set
- Eight of Fognini’s last 11 wins at Grand Slam level have seen both players win a set
- Fognini beat Fucsovics in five sets at Wimbledon 2019
- Fognini has won eight of his nine French Open second round matches
- Fucsovics hasn’t won back-to-back clay matches in 2021
BET OF THE DAY JUNE 2 👇