The Champions League match between Inter Milan and Shakhtar Donetsk features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Wednesday November 24.
Bet Of The Day November 24 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
TODAY'S BEST BET | NOVEMBER 24
We’re heading to the Champions League for today’s best bet as Inter Milan look to secure qualification into the knockout stages when they host struggling Shakhtar Donetsk.
Currently on a seven-game unbeaten run in all competitions, Inter can book their ticket to the knockouts if they prevail here and Sherff Tiraspol fail to beat Real Madrid.
Inter have won four of their last five matches and have only lost two of their 17 matches in all competitions this season.
They are heavy favourites to win this clash at home, but we can find some more value by backing Inter to win to nil.
Shakhtar have struggled considerably in the Champions League over the last few seasons, winning just four of their last 23 fixtures in the competition.
Furthermore, Shakhtar are struggling to find the back of the net. The Ukrainian side rank 29 out of 32 for goals scored in the Champions League heading into this matchday.
Shakhtar have failed to score in seven of their last nine Champions League matches, while they also have a dismal away record against Italian sides in the competition, winning just two of 14 encounters. Shakhtar have also failed to score in their last four meetings with Inter over the last two seasons.
Inter are the team in form and at home, they should be able to produce a shut-out win over Shakhtar, who have scored just one goal (and conceded nine) all competition.
- Inter are unbeaten in their last seven matches
- Inter have won four of their last five matches
- Shakhtar have won just four of their last 23 Champions League matches
- Shakhtar have failed to score in seven of their last nine Champions League games
- Shakhtar have failed to score in their last four games vs Inter
- Shakhtar have won just two of their 14 away games vs Italian sides
- Shakhtar have scored just one goal all competition and conceded nine
BET OF THE DAY NOVEMBER 24 👇