The World Cup qualifying match between Croatia and Slovakia features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Monday October 11.
Bet Of The Day October 11 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
TODAY'S BEST BET | OCTOBER 11
We’re focusing on the World Cup qualifiers in Europe for today’s best bet as Croatia play host to Slovakia in Osijek.
Croatia are in the box seat to qualify from Group H as they lead Russia on goal difference, with Slovenia and Slovakia six and seven points behind respectively in third and fourth.
At the very least, Croatia will wrap up second spot, but they of course have their sights set on automatic qualification and a win here would put them well on their way.
Croatia have been excellent this qualifying campaign – they’ve won five of their seven games, scoring 11 goals and conceding just one in the process.
Additionally, Croatia have won their last three World Cup qualifying fixtures to nil, toppling Slovakia away 1-0 before back-to-back 3-0 triumphs over Slovenia and Cyprus.
Overall, Croatia haven’t conceded a goal in their last six World Cup qualifying matches, which is why we’ll be backing them to win to nil against Slovakia here.
Croatia are unbeaten in seven matches this century with Slovakia, with four of their five wins coming to nil.
Slovakia have also been struggling recently, winning just one of their last six games and that was against minnows Cyprus.
Slovakia’s form on the road has been dire as well – they’ve failed to score in five of their last seven away fixtures, so we don’t expect them to trouble the Croatians in Osijek.
Croatia are the team in form, have plenty of incentive and are at home – we’re confident they can get the job done here while keeping a clean sheet.
- Croatia have won their last three matches
- Croatia haven’t conceded a goal in their last six World Cup qualifying fixtures
- Croatia are unbeaten vs Slovakia in their last seven meetings since 2000
- Four of Croatia’s last five wins over Slovakia have been to nil
- Slovakia are winless in five of their last six matches
- Slovakia have failed to score in five of their last seven away games
- Slovakia are winless in eight of their last nine away fixtures
BET OF THE DAY OCTOBER 11 👇