The La Liga match between Real Betis and Espanyol features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Sunday September 19.
Bet Of The Day September 19 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
TODAY'S BEST BET | SEPTEMBER 19
We’re heading to the La Liga for today’s best bet as Real Betis look to continue their winning momentum from mid-week against struggling Espanyol.
Betis will be targeting their third consecutive victory in this clash after toppling Granada 2-1 away last weekend before staging a sensational comeback to conquer Celtic 4-3 in the Europa League.
Betis recovered from 2-0 down to emerge triumphant and we think they can carry the euphoria from winning that clash into this game on Sunday.
Facing newly-promoted sides is something Betis have enjoyed over the last few years – they have won seven of their last 11 such matches in La Liga dating back to 2019.
Additionally, Betis have been very hard to beat at home in recent times. Indeed, Betis have only lost two of their last 16 home La Liga fixtures – and they came against Barcelona and Real Madrid.
Meanwhile, Espanyol are predictably finding life tough going back in the top flight.
Espanyol are yet to win in their four La Liga games so far, including last weekend’s heartbreaking loss to Atletico Madrid, where they conceded in the 99th minute.
Espanyol have only scored one goal in those four games and have failed to find the back of the net in all of their away fixtures this term.
With a strong record at home and buzzing after their Europa League heroics mid-week, Betis can make it three wins on the trot in this clash.
- Betis have won their last two matches
- Espanyol are winless in their first four matches of the season
- Espanyol have scored just one goal in those games
- Espanyol have failed to score in all of their away fixtures this season
- Betis are unbeaten in five of their last seven home games vs Espanyol
- Betis have lost just two of their last 16 home La Liga games
- Those defeats came against Barcelona and Real Madrid
- Betis have won seven of their last 11 games vs promoted teams in La Liga
BET OF THE DAY SEPTEMBER 19 👇