The NRL Round 25 match between Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Thursday September 2.
Bet Of The Day September 2 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
We target our sixth #BOTD on the bounce when the Raiders and Roosters square off to kick off NRL Round 25 action tonight in Mackay.
It’s a big game for both teams – the Raiders need to win to have a chance of making the finals, while the Roosters are still an outside shot at the top four.
The Roosters have been the hardest hit team by injuries in recent memory, but they keep turning up and delivering week in and week out.
Trent Robinson’s side have been inside the top six all season and have a great record against teams outside the top four.
Indeed, the Roosters have won their last eight games against teams below them on the ladder – and it’s for that reason we’re backing the tricolours home in this clash.
Canberra have lost a bunch of close games this season and their second halves for the most part have been poor and that looks like it will come back to haunt them.
Additionally, the Raiders have lost their last three games against teams above them on the ladder – including a recent defeat to Manly who were missing Tom Trbojevic.
For some added value, we’ll also be adding in under 54.5 points.
Twenty of the last 21 meetings between the teams have produced under 54.5 points – and with Lachlan Lam and Matt Frawley as the two halfbacks, we’re not expecting an attacking masterclass.
- Roosters have won their last eight games against teams below them on the ladder
- Raiders have lost their last three games vs teams above them on the ladder
- Roosters have won seen of their last 10 games following a loss
- Roosters have Angus Crichton, Josh Morris, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves & Adam Keighran back for this game
- Twenty of the last 21 meetings between the teams have seen under 54.5 points
BET OF THE DAY SEPTEMBER 2 👇