The UEFA Champions League match between Salzburg and Lille features as Bettingpro.com.au’s best bet for Wednesday September 29.
Bet Of The Day September 29 – read on below for our reasoning behind today’s best bet.
TODAY'S BEST BET | SEPTEMBER 29
We’re heading to the Champions League for today’s best bet as Salzburg play host to a struggling Lille outfit at Red Bull Arena.
Salzburg have been on fire domestically and come into this clash on the back of a 17-game unbeaten streak, winning their last three straight.
Salzburg’s home form has been especially intimidating – they’ve leaked just two goals and have fired home 13 goals.
Currently on a nine-match winning streak to open their Austrian Bundesliga campaign, Salzburg are a team full of confidence – and at home, they have the clear advantage over a Lille side who are predictably finding it tough to back up last season’s shock Ligue 1 title win.
Lille have won just three of their opening eight games of the season and have been fragile defensively, conceding at least one goal in every match.
In fact, Lille are conceding almost two goals per game this season – and when you factor in Salzburg’s free-scoring home form, it spells bad news for the visitors here.
Salzburg have scored 12 goals in their last three games and have been incredibly hard to topple on their home turf – they should be too strong for a Lille team who have yet to get close to replicating their form last season.
- Salzburg are unbeaten in their last 17 games
- Salzburg have won their first nine league games of the season
- Salzburg have scored 13 goals at home this season in just four games
- Salzburg have conceded just two in that period
- Lille have won just three of their first eight games of the season
- Lille are conceding almost two goals per game this season (1.8)
- Lille are winless in four of their five away games this season
BET OF THE DAY SEPTEMBER 29 👇