Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke free tips, predictions and preview - who comes out on top in this highly-anticipated Revierderby showdown in the German Bundesliga on Saturday?
The German Bundesliga returns this weekend and the match of the round features fierce rivals Borussia Dortmund and FC Schalke going head-to-head.
Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke Tips
Next BestDortmund: Half-time/Full-time $2.30 Bet Now! New Customers only. 18+. T&C’s Apply. begambleaware.org.
Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke Match Information
🇩🇪 Competition: Bundesliga (Round 26)
🗓 Date: Saturday May 16
⏰ Time: 11.30pm AEST (3.30pm local)
🏟 Stadium: Signal Iduna Park
Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke Live Stream
Bundesliga Football: How to live stream with bet365
- Visit the bet365 website
- Sign into your account or register for a new one
- Select live streaming on the right-hand menu
- Choose Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke
- Enjoy Bundesliga live streaming and in-play betting
Dortmund vs Schalke Live StreamingWatch & Bet Now! New Customers only. 18+. T&C’s Apply. begambleaware.org.
Under Australian law, we are required to inform you that Live Streaming on bet365 is exempt from Parts 3 and 4 of the Broadcasting Services (Online Content Service Provider Rules) 2018.
Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke Form (last five matches)
Borussia Dortmund (WWWWL)
- February 19: Dortmund 2-0 PSG
- February 23: Bremen 0-2 Dortmund
- March 1: Dortmund 1-0 Freiburg
- March 8: Monchengladbach 1-2 Dortmund
- March 12: PSG 2-0 Dortmund
FC Schalke (DLLLD)
- February 17: Mainz 0-0 Schalke
- February 23: Schalke 0-5 RB Leipzig
- March 1: Koln 3-0 Schalke
- March 4: Schalke 0-1 Bayern
- March 8: Schalke 1-1 Hoffenheim
Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke Head to Head (last five meetings)
- 26/11/17: Dortmund 4-4 Schalke
- 15/4/18: Schalke 2-0 Dortmund
- 9/12/18: Schalke 1-2 Dortmund
- 24/4/19: Dortmund 2-4 Schalke
- 27/10/19: Schalke 0-0 Dortmund
Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke Tips, Preview and Prediction
It doesn’t get much bigger than this as the Bundesliga resumes for the 2019/20 season, with traditional rivals Borussia Dortmund and FC Schalke colliding for the 155th time in their illustrious histories.
With just 20 miles separating these German heavyweights, fans can expect another titanic tussle – although, due to government restrictions, this match will be played behind closed doors.
Dortmund will be determined to resume their Bundesliga campaign with a victory and keep pace with Bayern Munich a the top of the table, with Lucien Favre’s side currently four points adrift of the reigning premiers.
The addition of Erling Haaland during the summer has proved crucial to Dortmund’s title aspirations, with the young Norwegian sensation scoring 12 goals in 11 games in all competitions since his arrival from FC Salzburg.
Throw in the likes of Jadon Sancho, Thorgan Hazard, Julian Brandt and free-scoring fullback Achraf Hakimi, and Dortmund have the firepower to overcome just about any team on their day.
Meanwhile, Schalke will be hoping to immediately recapture their early-season form after experiencing a significant dip in 2020.
Indeed, Schalke have won just one of their last 10 Bundesliga games and haven’t scored a single goal in their four away Bundesliga matches in 2020.
With that in mind, Dortmund have got to be considered heavy favourites to take all three points here. Dortmund have started strong in most of their games this season – no other side has posted more than their 13 half-time advantages – and we expect the home side to finish the job in the second stanza to come away with the victory.
Borussia Dortmund vs FC Schalke Stats
- Dortmund have won their last four Bundesliga matches
- Schalke have won just one of their last 10 Bundesliga matches
- Haaland and Sancho have scored more Bundesliga goals in 2020 (14) than the entire Schalke team (4)
- Schalke’s seven-game Bundesliga winless run is the longest current streak in the Bundesliga
- Schalke have only lost one of their last eight games against Dortmund
- Dortmund are the Bundesliga’s best home side this season (W9, D3, L0)
- Dortmund have kept a clean sheet in their last three home games
- Schalke haven’t scored an away goal so far in 2020
- 11 of of Haaland’s 12 Dortmund goals have come in the second-half
- Dortmund have scored first in seven of their last eight games against Schalke