Brisbane aim to start the season 3-1 when they face a winless Adelaide side on Sunday.
Brisbane Lions vs Adelaide Crows free AFL tips, predictions and preview – Brisbane last scored over 100 points against the Crows in 2011.
Brisbane vs Adelaide Tips
Brisbane vs Adelaide Match Details
🇦🇺 Competition: AFL
🗓 Date: Sunday June 28
⏰ Time: 1:05pm AEST
🏟 Stadium: Gabba
Brisbane vs Adelaide 2020 Form
- R1: Hawthorn 90-62 Brisbane
- R2: Brisbane 81-69 Fremantle
- R3: Brisbane 74-44 West Coast
- R1: Adelaide 71-74 Sydney
- R2: Port Adelaide 110-35 Adelaide
- R3: Gold Coast 82-29 Adelaide
Brisbane vs Adelaide Head to Head (last five matches)
Adelaide have won four of the last five matches against Brisbane.
- R9 2019: Brisbane 93-92 Adelaide
- R18 2018: Brisbane 88-93 Adelaide
- R9 2017: Brisbane 60-140 Adelaide
- R20 2016: Adelaide 177-39 Brisbane
- R21 2015: Adelaide 131-44 Brisbane
Brisbane vs Adelaide Preview and Prediction
Brisbane comes up against Adelaide on Sunday afternoon after their convincing win against West Coast last week, whilst Adelaide searches for their first win in a troubled season.
Brisbane dominated all areas of the game kicking eight goals in the second half.
Lachie Neale was the star for the Lions finishing the match with 32 disposals, seven tackles and two goals.
Meanwhile, Adelaide was controlled by a team you’d expect them to beat. The Crows were thoroughly disappointing kicking only 10 points in the first three-quarters of the game.
Adelaide was dominated in the midfield having 13 fewer clearances and 28 less inside 50’s against the Suns. Without the influence of Matt Crouch in the midfield, the Crows will need to rely on Rory Sloane and Brad Crouch to lead the line.
Tom Doedee impressed for the Crows last week with 20 disposals and 10 interceptions.
Brisbane has had two victories since the restart of the 2020 season and I believe Brisbane will comfortably get over the line against the Crows convincingly.
Brisbane vs Adelaide Team News
Brisbane name one change to the side the defeated West Coast with Dayne Zorko coming in for the omitted Thomas Berry. Cam Rayner will play his 50th game on the weekend.
The Crows make three changes with Billy Frampton, Myles Poholke and Shane McAdam who comes in for his debut. Paul Seedsman, Rory Atkins and Matt Crouch are out of the side, with Crouch being a shock omission.
These sides last met in Round 9 last season which saw Brisbane just get over the line by 1 point.
Lions vs Crows Stats
- Adelaide have won four of the last five matches against Brisbane
- Brisbane last scored over 100 points against the Crows in 2011
- Adelaide have lost six games in a row
- In 11 quarters of football the Crows have kicked 14 goals
- 10,000 fans will be able to enter the Gabba
Lions vs Crows Best Bet