Perth Scorchers remain winless in BBL10 as they prepare to take on Adelaide Strikers for the second time this season on New Year’s Eve.
Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers free Big Bash tips, predictions and preview – the Strikers have won the last four meetings between the teams, while the Scorchers are on a five-match losing run overall
Strikers vs Scorchers Tips
Best Value ?Top Run Scorer Double: Phil Salt/Liam Livingstone $23 Bet Now!
Strikers vs Scorchers Match Details
?? Competition: Big Bash League
? Date: Thursday December 31
⏰ Time: 7.15pm AEDT
? Stadium: Adelaide Oval
Strikers vs Scorchers Head to Head (last five matches)
The Strikers have won the last four encounters.
- 28/12/20: Scorchers vs Strikers
- 24/1/20: Scorchers vs Strikers
- 23/12/19: Strikers vs Scorchers
- 9/2/19: Strikers vs Scorchers
- 26/12/18: Scorchers vs Strikers
Strikers vs Scorchers Tips, Preview & Prediction
The Strikers will be looking to complete a pair of victories over the struggling Scorchers in less than a week when the two sides square off on New Year’s Eve at Adelaide Oval.
It was a commanding win for the Strikers when the sides met on Monday night, with Adelaide registering a 71-run triumph. Setting a target of 166 for Perth to win, the Strikers bowled out the Scorchers for just 94 in 15.2 overs.
Phil Salt top-scored for the Strikers with 51 off just 31 deliveries, blasting four sixes and four boundaries in the dynamic knock.
Rashid Khan was man of the match, firing an explosive cameo of 29 off 13 balls and taking 2/18 with the ball. Wes Agar, Danny Briggs, Peter Siddle and Daniel Worrall also took two wickets in dismantling the Scorchers.
Perth are now officially in panic stations after losing their first four matches of BBL10 and desperately need a win in this reverse fixture.
The Scorchers got off to a great start in their run chase on Monday night as Jason Roy and Josh Ingles combined for a 35-run opening stand after three overs, but the team ultimately collapsed, losing 10 wickets for just 59 more runs.
It’s tough to see the Scorchers turning things around just a few days later. Adelaide’s bowling stocks are strong and can rip through Perth’s batting line-up once more.
Strikers vs Scorchers Stats
- The Strikers have won the last four games between the teams
- The Scorchers have lost their last five Big Bash matches dating back to last year
- The Scorchers rank last for runs scored in BBL10
- Adelaide have two of the top three bowlers for most wickets taken so far this season (Siddle 10 & Agar 9)
- The Strikers have had the highest opening partnership in their last four matches
- Phil Salt has scored 50+ runs in his last two matches vs the Scorchers
- Liam Livingston has been the top Scorchers run scorer in his last three matches vs the Strikers
Strikers vs Scorchers Best Bet