Perth Scorchers try to win a fifth-straight BBL10 match against the Hobart Hurricanes at Optus Stadium on Tuesday night.
Perth Scorchers vs Hobart Hurricanes free Big Bash tips, predictions and preview – Hurricanes have won four of the last five between the teams.
Scorchers vs Hurricanes Tips
Scorchers vs Hurricanes Match Details
?? Competition: Big Bash League
? Date: Tuesday January 12
⏰ Time: 7.15pm AEDT
? Stadium: Optus Stadium
Scorchers vs Hurricanes Head to Head (last five matches)
The Hurricanes have won four of the last five encounters.
- 13/01/20: Hurricanes vs Scorchers
- 05/01/20: Scorchers vs Hurricanes
- 18/01/19: Scorchers vs Hurricanes
- 30/12/18: Hurricanes vs Scorchers
- 01/02/18: Scorchers vs Hurricanes
Scorchers vs Hurricanes Tips, Preview & Prediction
The Perth Scorchers have had an interesting season so far as they were 0-3 after four matches with a no result also. A number of key inclusions since, namely Jason Roy and Liam Livingstone, have seen the Scorchers turn their form around with four consecutive wins.
During their winning streak, the Scorchers have beaten:
• Adelaide Strikers by 7 wickets
• Melbourne Renegades by 96 runs
• Sydney Sixers by 86 runs
• Sydney Thunder by 17 runs
Standing in their way are the Hobart Hurricanes who have lost their past two against the Melbourne Stars and Sydney Thunder.
The Scorchers are deserved favourites for the match but this one could be extremely close. The Hurricanes have had their way with the Scorchers recently with four wins from their past five encounters. For that reason, and the fact that the Hurricanes are underdogs, happy to back them to get their season back on track with a vital win.
Hurricanes wicketkeeper Ben McDermott is currently the top-ranked BBL10 player. He has scored 91 and 89 not out to go along with several starts of 46, 31 and 22. Three times this season McDermott has taken exactly two catches. He should be able to score more than 36.5 Player Performance points.
Opening batsman Liam Livingstone is currently having a tough patch with scores of 22, 8, 20, 16 and 3. He will be desperate for a big innings and he may well be able to find his best form and top score for the Scorchers in this match.
Scorchers vs Hurricanes Stats
- The Scorchers won the last match against the Hurricanes by 77 runs
- Hurricanes won the previous four matches before that
- Scorchers batsman Colin Munro has scored 50, 50 and 52 in his past three innings
- Hurricanes wicketkeeper Ben McDermott is the #1 ranked BBL10 player
Scorchers vs Hurricanes Best Bet