Both the Sydney Sixers and Adelaide Strikers will be aiming to make it back-to-back Big Bash wins when they square off in Hobart on Sunday.
Sydney Sixers vs Adelaide Strikers free Big Bash tips, predictions and preview – the Sixers have won the last four games between the teams…
Sixers vs Strikers Tips
Sixers vs Strikers Match Details
?? Competition: Big Bash League
? Date: Sunday December 20
⏰ Time: 11.10am AEDT
? Stadium: Blundstone Arena
Sixers vs Strikers Head to Head (last five matches)
Sixers have won the last four encounters, but the Strikers won the three before those.
- 8/1/20: Strikers vs Sixers
- 5/1/20: Sixers vs Strikers
- 29/1/19: Sixers vs Strikers
- 6/1/19: Strikers vs Sixers
- 28/12/17: Sixers vs Strikers
Sixers vs Strikers Tips, Preview & Prediction
Following a disappointing start to their title defence against the Hurricanes, the Sixers reminded everyone of just how devastating they can be with their demolition of the Renegades last weekend.
Josh Philippe was the main man for the Sixers as the opener blasted 95 from just 57 deliveries, while Jordan Silk provided an explosive knock, firing 45 runs from just 19 balls. Those contributions helped the Sixers to an intimidating total of 205/4.
It was always going to be a tough task for the Renegades to chase down that mark, but they were never in the hunt as Ben Dwarshuis took sensational figures of 4-13, while Steve O’Keefe chipped in with 3-16 as the Sixers bowled their opponents out for just 60, completing a mammoth 145-run victory.
Meanwhile, the Strikers also responded brilliantly from their opening defeat to the Hurricanes, turning the tables on their Tasmanian rivals last weekend.
Peter Siddle took career-best Big Bash figures of 5/16 to help bowl the Hurricanes out for 146 and the Strikers were able to chase down that total comfortably despite being reduced to 2/9 early, with Alex Carey (55) and Jake Weatherald (68) steering the side to a five-wicket triumph.
As a result, this is shaping as a tight contest. Both teams will be confident after their respective last-start victories where their key players stepped up. We however think the value lies with the Sixers, while Philippe and Dwarshius can continue their great form with the bat and ball.
Sixers vs Strikers Stats
- The Sixers have won the last four games between the teams
- The Strikers won the three encounters before those
- The Sixers have won their last five matches as underdogs
- The Sixers have had the highest opening partnership in seven of their last eight matches vs the Strikers
- Dwarshuis leads the Big Bash for most wickets this season with seven
- Philippe has been the top match batsman in his last four Sixers matches as underdogs
- Rashid Khan has been the top Strikers wicket taker in four of their last five matches vs the Sixers
Sixers vs Strikers Best Bet